Roger Godell's Terrible No Good Bad (Infinity) - the whoopin

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Shirley
The Dude

Re: Roger Godell's Terrible No Good Bad (Infinity) - the whoopin

Post by Shirley »

Anyone else find it a bit weird that the NFL, who isn't even Brown's direct employer, is being criticized for not pulling and reading his divorce filings? I certainly wouldn't expect my employer to dig into that shit, no matter how freely available those documents were.
Totally Kafkaesque
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Shirley wrote:Anyone else find it a bit weird that the NFL, who isn't even Brown's direct employer, is being criticized for not pulling and reading his divorce filings? I certainly wouldn't expect my employer to dig into that shit, no matter how freely available those documents were.
I dunno. The NFL stated publicly that they were looking into alleged domestic abuse by Brown. If they were looking into it, they didn't look very hard.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

sancarlos wrote:
Shirley wrote:Anyone else find it a bit weird that the NFL, who isn't even Brown's direct employer, is being criticized for not pulling and reading his divorce filings? I certainly wouldn't expect my employer to dig into that shit, no matter how freely available those documents were.
I dunno. The NFL stated publicly that they were looking into alleged domestic abuse by Brown. If they were looking into it, they didn't look very hard.
Yeah, and I get that they are under pressure to do something, but it still feels like there has to be a line somewhere. I know pro sports isn't the same thing as regular office work, but I still don't like the idea of employers digging into employees' personal non-work lives.
Totally Kafkaesque
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Shirley wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
Yeah, and I get that they are under pressure to do something, but it still feels like there has to be a line somewhere. I know pro sports isn't the same thing as regular office work, but I still don't like the idea of employers digging into employees' personal non-work lives.
Even if you have a personal conduct clause in your contract? Which I am not positive they do, but it sure seems like they must.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

In certain professions, you're never off the job. Celebrity is one.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Bump.

Could've put this in a few different threads, but The Goodall thread felt best.

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian