The Official Swamp Dating Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

BSF21
The Dude

Re: The Official Swamp Dating Thread

Post by BSF21 »

Johnnie wrote:So, asking for a friend...

If, let's say, a friend of yours has this fantasy of a girl doing a rail of coke off his dick. But the friend has a job where he's piss tested randomly, what's the likelihood he can pop hot after he fulfills his fantasy?

I've already told him, via Google, that powdered cocaine is absorbed through mucus membranes and he shouldn't have to worry, but still. He's a bit worried.

What can I tell him?
Wait, I totally misread this I think.

I'm pretty sure you can't absorb coke transdermally from putting it on your skin if that's what you're concerned with. However, where there's coke, coke gets done by most people near the coke in my experience.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

bfj wrote:Mazel Tov Degen! I had no idea this was happening since I'm rarely in this thread (I've been with my wife since I was 15, I don't know from dating). A long happy life for you and your bride to be.

yeah, same... Congrats degen!
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

BTW, I'm not proud to admit knowledge of this, but... The whole "fake cancer" thing was a huge plot point in the most recent Real Housewives of Orange County. (O.G, y'all.)

Only in that scenario, it was a husband and his motivation had something to do with not wanting to pay alimony. Or something. I honestly don't remember that part. But the guy went to great lengths to lie about something that in the end was pretty easy to disprove.

I've lied about stuff before. We all have. And I've lied about stuff where there was a chance I might be found out. Sometimes there's a subconscious thing going on there.

BUT... To lie about something that big (pregnant, about to die, etc.)... You're going to be found out. How they think that's going to end well is mind-boggling.
duff
Donny

Post by duff »

Nonlinear FC wrote:
bfj wrote:Mazel Tov Degen! I had no idea this was happening since I'm rarely in this thread (I've been with my wife since I was 15, I don't know from dating). A long happy life for you and your bride to be.

You've been with BFJ's wife since you were 15? Does he know?
To quote both Bruce Prichard and Tony Schiavone, "Fuck Duff Meltzer."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

sancarlos wrote:Yeah, my brother who was a pharmacist told me the same thing about the amount of time coke and weed stay in one's system.

So, you should be good, Johnnie, as long as your test isn't right away. I'd worry more about keeping the stiffy level for her, so the coke doesn't spill.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...my friend will be pleased to hear that.

He is well versed on the time certain drugs remain in the system. That isn't an issue. I'll just tell him to make sure it's on a Friday just to be safe. He'll be delighted to know this.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

duff wrote:
Nonlinear FC wrote:

I DO NOW!!!!
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Make sure you don't go flaccid, bud ; )
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

duff wrote:
Nonlinear FC wrote:

Well, no, but I married my high school sweetheart. Asked her to go out with me on my 16th birthday, 30 years ago.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:
sancarlos wrote:Yeah, my brother who was a pharmacist told me the same thing about the amount of time coke and weed stay in one's system.

So, you should be good, Johnnie, as long as your test isn't right away. I'd worry more about keeping the stiffy level for her, so the coke doesn't spill.
Whoa, whoa, whoa...my friend will be pleased to hear that.

He is well versed on the time certain drugs remain in the system. That isn't an issue. I'll just tell him to make sure it's on a Friday just to be safe. He'll be delighted to know this.
Added benefit, putting coke on your dick will make it numb, and you can last longer.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

But, wouldn't that mean coke became ingested and you can pop positive? Or are you kidding?

TMI:
[+] spoiler
I'm already quite insensitive as it stands now, so I've had this issue for a long, long time. I'll go and go and go and never finish. Girls hate it. They think I'm not attracted because I don't finish.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:But, wouldn't that mean coke became ingested and you can pop positive? Or are you kidding?

TMI:
[+] spoiler
I'm already quite insensitive as it stands now, so I've had this issue for a long, long time. I'll go and go and go and never finish. Girls hate it. They think I'm not attracted because I don't finish.
Not kidding. Cocaine is still used as a local anesthetic for some surgeries. I think eye surgeries in particular. I doubt it would get into your blood and highly doubt it would get into your urine by touching your skin. Ever see TV shows or movies where cops dip their finger into a bag of white powder and touch it to their tongue? They are seeing if it numbs there tongue. I hope in real life no cop is dumb enough to touch and put an unknown white powder in their mouth, but I'm sure some idiots do it because TV cops do it. My friends liked to rub coke on their gums while doing lines. It makes your gums go numb, but I never understood the point.
-Pruitt
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Nonlinear FC wrote:BTW, I'm not proud to admit knowledge of this, but... The whole "fake cancer" thing was a huge plot point in the most recent Real Housewives of Orange County. (O.G, y'all.)

Only in that scenario, it was a husband and his motivation had something to do with not wanting to pay alimony. Or something. I honestly don't remember that part. But the guy went to great lengths to lie about something that in the end was pretty easy to disprove.

I've lied about stuff before. We all have. And I've lied about stuff where there was a chance I might be found out. Sometimes there's a subconscious thing going on there.

BUT... To lie about something that big (pregnant, about to die, etc.)... You're going to be found out. How they think that's going to end well is mind-boggling.
I still don't know the answer, as my friends aren't too keen to ask about it (for obvious reasons). I figure I'll find out sooner rather than later, but still in the dark.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Brontoburglar wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:Update!

So after attempting to figure things out -- and at times feeling like there was some progress made -- it's apparent there was none.

I won't get into the details, but it was evident that there was not going to be a change in how she felt regarding my family or my brother's fiance. She was invited to Christmas Eve dinner at my parents' house and she declined. She subsequently invited me to dinner at her friend's house (who I have never met) and then wasn't receptive when I attempted to explain that if she was uncomfortable at my parents' on Christmas Eve, how was I supposed to be comfortable at the house of a group of people I've never met while my parents are having dinner without me because she doesn't want to be with them?

That ended in an argument and her storming off to work on the morning of the 23rd. I haven't seen her since. I think she's with her family (I certainly hope so). I don't see this advancing any further and yeah, the timing royally sucks. But as far as I'm concerned, the Christmas issue (I tried to explain that we didn't have to spend Christmas together given that we've only been dating since September, but alas... she was hell-bent on trying to do that) and the ones with my family were symptoms of problems that would have flared up at some point anyway. It's better this happened now, even if it was at the holidays, than as we got further down the road.
This is just a weird situation.

Because of the holidays and my traveling, we didn't talk in person until Jan. 2. I expressed how I couldn't move forward because of what had been going on and how we couldn't resolve disputes, etc. It was not the answer she wanted and at the time she said she had "pushed me away." It was a bit perplexing, and there was no explanation for why she had when I had asked.

Over that past month she had been in a different spot. I figured it was because of the tension that started on Thanksgiving and her unhappiness with my attempts to resolve the situation. I asked repeatedly how she was doing when I noticed things were different, etc, and was always given the same response.

After we talked that day and I said I couldn't proceed, she said she wanted to hang out soon. That to me was odd, but I said OK because she wanted to use a gift card she had to a place in KC. OK, sure, we can go have a fun evening (we did it in the middle of the week) even if this is a little odd.

She tells me that night that she had gone to the doc early in December and got some potentially bad news (the big C was a possibility). She had a follow up appt the next day to do further tests. She was understandably scared, and I comforted her the best I could. However, I didn't understand why she didn't say anything about it. It was because she didn't want to ruin the holidays. Which kind of ended up happening anyway but that is beside the point. And the pushed away comment had more context.

It was fairly clear that the desire was the news would sway my feelings into reconsidering. I was taken aback, not by that desire, but by the news and said I'd be there but not in the former capacity. Because the whole thing felt odd to me -- not only did I not find out about this while we were dating, I didn't find out about it during our explicitly set up conversation to see where we stood.

That last sentence has haunted me this entire time. I can't get over the timing.

Anyway, she was set to find out at the end of this week. She sent me an email five days ago to get some things "off her chest." And again, it was clear that she was disappointed it didn't change anything.

We exchanged emails twice over the course of the last five days. In my last response yesterday, I flat out asked her what the diagnosis was. The big C had been mentioned twice in the previous email, but in a roundabout way. There was no "this is it," rather references to it being bigger than our arguments. She responded back tonight and ignored the question (making no references to anything) and accused me of overcomplicating the situation after I had told her I didn't agree with not being told earlier and I had made my decision based off the fact that I couldn't figure out an extenuating reason why things had changed.

At this point, I'm done responding. It's apparent I'm not going to find out the answer to the good news/bad news question unless I jump back into things, and it's something I simply can't do.

I'm willing to be there (again, not in that capacity), but at the same time, not when I'm being blamed for my handling of a situation that I didn't know about. I feel crappy about the whole thing because this looming possibility was clearly the reason for why all the sudden everything turned into a disagreement.

I'll feel even crappier about the situation if she got bad news. The guilt in that possibility makes it feel like I'm the guy who broke up with a girl who had you-know-what. And it's brutal. But at the same time... I didn't know. It had no bearing on the decision that I made because I had no earthly idea that this was going on. That's what I have to keep reminding myself, no matter how many more emails or texts I'll get. Shutting myself off feels extremely callous and cold.

But it also feels that way to read that I'm the one who's been the bad person. And to be clear, I don't view this as a good/bad or me vs. her scenario. I have no hard feelings and I truly wish the best for her. It just had become clear we weren't going to work.

Anyway... thanks for reading, even if this is a little vague. I appreciate it. I simply needed to vent because this is something I certainly have never dealt with before.
1. There has still never been any confirmation -- from a very reliable source -- that the C word was ever a reality.

2. She was not a fan of me going on work trips for fear of me talking to other women (because apparently I would be a hot commodity or something). I found out today that she is dating a pilot. I about fell out of my chair laughing.

Unrelated: I also found out today that the girl I broke things off with last week is mulling a move out of state. I have the magic touch.
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Out of state is just like three miles, no?
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Military pilot? Or civilian pilot?
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Maybe it was dating a guy who works at

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie wrote:Military pilot? Or civilian pilot?
commercial, I believe
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Brontoburglar wrote:
commercial, I believe
But aren't just about all commercial pilots former military pilots? So, there's that, Johnnie.

But, your point is well taken, Bronto. If she was worried about you occasionally meeting another woman, her jealousy must be off the charts if she's dating a pilot, since they are out of town all the time, hanging out with young single flight attendants and also meeting other women in hotels and airports.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is the other girl moving to a good state or something equally Missouri-ish?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

mister d wrote:Is the other girl moving to a good state or something equally Missouri-ish?
The city is the Big D. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

sancarlos wrote:
Brontoburglar wrote:
commercial, I believe
But aren't just about all commercial pilots former military pilots? So, there's that, Johnnie.

But, your point is well taken, Bronto. If she was worried about you occasionally meeting another woman, her jealousy must be off the charts if she's dating a pilot, since they are out of town all the time, hanging out with young single flight attendants and also meeting other women in hotels and airports.
Yeah, that was exactly my thought process. But hey, not my worry!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

If, let's say, a friend of yours has this fantasy of a girl doing a rail of coke off his dick. But the friend has a job where he's piss tested randomly, what's the likelihood he can pop hot after he fulfills his fantasy?

I've already told him, via Google, that powdered cocaine is absorbed through mucus membranes and he shouldn't have to worry, but still. He's a bit worried.

What can I tell him?
To borrow the phrase from Groucho Marx, I'm not sure I'd want to have sex with a girl who'd be willing to indulge my most depraved fantasy.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

L-Jam3 wrote:

What can I tell him?
To borrow the phrase from Groucho Marx, I'm not sure I'd want to have sex with a girl who'd be willing to indulge my most depraved fantasy.
I guess I'm one of those guys when I say that this isn't even that depraved to me.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Johnnie wrote:I guess I'm one of those guys when I say d...p... me.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

I guess it's not really that depraved in the sense of the word. It's more that after it's done, you're stuck with a chick high on cocaine. I remember being scared off coke being a kid from the deaths of Belushi and Len Bias, and as a person whose past drug use is practically non-existent, there isn't much more irritating than being around someone high on coke.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:
Johnnie wrote:I guess I'm one of those guys when I say d...p... me.
Did you do a little extra credit googling when you learned about pegging?
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Nah. That one I've known for a looooooong time ; )
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Johnnie's new tattoo wrote:I don't give a hoot,
Stick them both in my poop chute!
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:Nah. That one I've known for a looooooong time ; )
You and Giff both! Hey oh!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Nice.

But, and I've kept this offline completely, I've been dating a girl for well over a month and she's been pretty great so far.

Met on Bumble, however she lives a building over in my apartment complex and works on base. She's a civilian. No kids either. And she works out. She actually knows a lot of people at the gym I'm at because they all used to go to her gym. Kinda weird how well we click. And all of her friends like me! And her boss!

There has only been one time where she acted insecure and irrational, but even on the hot/crazy scale even the best woman is at least a 4. Soooo...nothing since then and she's apologized profusely.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. She seems like a keeper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote:Nice.

But, and I've kept this offline completely, I've been dating a girl for well over a month and she's been pretty great so far.

Met on Bumble, however she lives a building over in my apartment complex and works on base. She's a civilian. No kids either. And she works out. She actually knows a lot of people at the gym I'm at because they all used to go to her gym. Kinda weird how well we click. And all of her friends like me! And her boss!

There has only been one time where she acted insecure and irrational, but even on the hot/crazy scale even the best woman is at least a 4. Soooo...nothing since then and she's apologized profusely.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed. She seems like a keeper.
Nice! Just to be sure, try to convince her of some batshit crazy conspiracy theories, or fake some racist, deplorable opinions and see how she reacts. If she agrees, dump her. If she is horrified, you know you found a keeper.
-Pruitt
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

What he's saying is, "take her to Revere".
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

mister d wrote:What he's saying is, "take her to Revere".
That is a definite possibility since my family is still there. Ya know, pending we stay together a while. Of which, I'm very hopeful.

She's not a wackadoo born again with a child and no higher education hellbent on separating me from my friends and guilting me if another woman happens to be in my field of vision. So that bar was easily passed.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie wrote:
She's not a wackadoo born again with a child and no higher education hellbent on separating me from my friends and guilting me if another woman happens to be in my field of vision. So that bar was easily passed.
Congrats. Not easily found.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

sancarlos wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Especially in New Mexico.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Rush2112 wrote:
sancarlos wrote:
Johnnie wrote:

Especially in New Mexico.
She's from SoCal originally. Been out here just slightly longer than me.
degenerasian
The Dude

Post by degenerasian »

not sure where to put this (is there a marriage thread?)

my wife's visa's been approved she should be here before the new year :)
Kung Fu movies are like porn. There's 1 on 1, then 2 on 1, then a group scene..
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Congrats, degen!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Congrats degen.

Is she prepared for a Calgary winter?