Maude Lebowski

Bills staying in Buffalo

Post by BuffloSoldier »

Kudos, Uncle Terry and Aunt Kim.
tennbengal
The Dude

Re: Bills staying in Buffalo

Post by tennbengal »

Congrats, Buff, and to all Bills fans. I know what a relief that is.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Buffalo sports radio is wild today.

It's a crazy love-in with callers choking up as they recall seeing games with their now deceased fathers/grandfathers/uncles. Terry Pegula could walk down Chippewa street in an ISIS uniform dragging a wagon full of dead kittens and Buffalonians would still give him their first born.

But as a Bills fan, the news makes me happy. Even though I live no more than 3 miles from where they were planning to build the new stadium here in Toronto, I don't want the Bills here. (Partially because I don't want to fork over tax dollars to build the stadium, but also because the people of Western New York bleed for that team).

My advice - take the Bills and give the points this week. That stadium is going to be rocking on Sunday.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Glad for Buffalo fans. And hope they get a new stadium soon. The Ralph is a shithole.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:Glad for Buffalo fans. And hope they get a new stadium soon. The Ralph is a shithole.
Supposedly, they already have a site chosen in Niagara Falls New York which, if you've never driven around Western New York is such a pit that it makes Buffalo look like Vancouver.

I am so old that I remember - after years of going to games at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland - going to Rich Stadium (as the Ralph used to be known) and being impressed by it.

But man, it is a dump. Curious to see what the $120 million dollars in renos have done to the place, but I imagine that the "game experience" will still be the same.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Pruitt wrote:Terry Pegula could walk down Chippewa street in an ISIS uniform dragging a wagon full of dead kittens and Buffalonians would still give him their first born ...
"... do irreversible harm to their ecosystem in the name of personal profit ..." would have worked there too.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:
brian wrote:Glad for Buffalo fans. And hope they get a new stadium soon. The Ralph is a shithole.
Supposedly, they already have a site chosen in Niagara Falls New York which, if you've never driven around Western New York is such a pit that it makes Buffalo look like Vancouver.

I am so old that I remember - after years of going to games at Municipal Stadium in Cleveland - going to Rich Stadium (as the Ralph used to be known) and being impressed by it.

But man, it is a dump. Curious to see what the $120 million dollars in renos have done to the place, but I imagine that the "game experience" will still be the same.
I've been to Niagara Falls many times (both sides). That's a curious place, it's kinda out of the way and hard to get to for most of the fans I'm assuming, no? I haven't been to Buffalo proper in awhile, but there isn't a downtown site available? I didn't seem to really think that it would have been that hard to put a parcel of land together there.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote: I've been to Niagara Falls many times (both sides). That's a curious place, it's kinda out of the way and hard to get to for most of the fans I'm assuming, no? I haven't been to Buffalo proper in awhile, but there isn't a downtown site available? I didn't seem to really think that it would have been that hard to put a parcel of land together there.
I haven't been back in Buffalo in 10 years, but downtown was sliding into a vacant wasteland.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

The Sybian wrote:
brian wrote: I've been to Niagara Falls many times (both sides). That's a curious place, it's kinda out of the way and hard to get to for most of the fans I'm assuming, no? I haven't been to Buffalo proper in awhile, but there isn't a downtown site available? I didn't seem to really think that it would have been that hard to put a parcel of land together there.
I haven't been back in Buffalo in 10 years, but downtown was sliding into a vacant wasteland.
That's been happening seemingly since forever, but I think the worst part has passed. Mind you one of the rarest sights is a construction crane ANYWHERE near Buffalo.

And I just read further... Niagara Falls is apparently out of the running.
No, it's not exactly San Francisco. Property prices are quite manageable.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Niagara Falls? For real? Not only does it suck, it's so damn hard to get to without an NFL football game going on there.

EDIT: NM, Brian already mentioned logistics

EDIT2: Out of the running

Iiiiite, carry on
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If only Albany were closer, huh?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

mister d wrote:If only Albany were closer, huh?

Yeah, I remember thinking how much they needed an NFL team.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Is there any room around First Niagara?
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
BuffloSoldier
Maude Lebowski

Post by BuffloSoldier »

Lots.

If there's going to be a new stadium, it'll be in Buffalo or in the burbs. NF isn't an option now.

My money's on near FNC, the new HarborCenter, the tallest building in the city and the giant Marriott. All owned by who, you ask?

Pegula.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Gunpowder wrote:
mister d wrote:If only Albany were closer, huh?

Yeah, I remember thinking how much they needed an NFL team.
Albany Firebirds arena league games use to be pretty awesome, thanks to Touchdown Eddie Brown (Antonio Brown's father), who was voted the best AFL player ever.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

BuffloSoldier wrote:Lots.

If there's going to be a new stadium, it'll be in Buffalo or in the burbs. NF isn't an option now.

My money's on near FNC, the new HarborCenter, the tallest building in the city and the giant Marriott. All owned by who, you ask?

Pegula.
It's Pegulaville!