Jeeves knows you guys travel...

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: Jeeves knows you guys travel...

Post by mister d »

Hope this link works, these are steals at double ...

http://www.timbuk2.com/commute-tsa-ipad ... iving+Food" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

bump..

if the wifey and myself have settled on 10 days next summer in europe, and we've zeroed in on doing ireland or england, or both, my question is splitting up the trip between the two worth it? mrs. cerrano is partial to ireland and spending more time there, seeing dublin, galway, and the ring of kerry and giants causeway, you know, shit like that. but we both want to see an epl game while were on that side of the pond. is a week enough to really see ireland, or would the 3 extra days make a difference.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

EPL ends in mid May and doesn't start up until mid August. If you want to catch a game, make sure you're not going in the middle of summer.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

govmentchedda wrote:EPL ends in mid May and doesn't start up until mid August. If you want to catch a game, make sure you're not going in the middle of summer.
were planning to be there around aug. 15th or so.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

That's probably good for the first game of the year.
boxcar
Jackie Treehorn

Post by boxcar »

cerrano wrote:bump..

if the wifey and myself have settled on 10 days next summer in europe, and we've zeroed in on doing ireland or england, or both, my question is splitting up the trip between the two worth it? mrs. cerrano is partial to ireland and spending more time there, seeing dublin, galway, and the ring of kerry and giants causeway, you know, shit like that. but we both want to see an epl game while were on that side of the pond. is a week enough to really see ireland, or would the 3 extra days make a difference.
I've done a split trip before and I definitely recommend it. After a week of the ruralness of Ireland (i could have saved money and just gone to fucking indiana), a long weekend in London was a welcome break. I'd actually recommend more time for London (we ended up going back for five days the next year to see all the stuff we couldn't the first trip) than Ireland, and definitely recommend an EPL match, especially if it's an opening fixture.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

boxcar wrote:

I've done a split trip before and I definitely recommend it. After a week of the ruralness of Ireland (i could have saved money and just gone to fucking indiana), a long weekend in London was a welcome break. I'd actually recommend more time for London (we ended up going back for five days the next year to see all the stuff we couldn't the first trip) than Ireland, and definitely recommend an EPL match, especially if it's an opening fixture.
thanks for the info, fritz. anybody else have any thoughts on the matter?
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

cerrano wrote:
boxcar wrote:

That Fritz is a dick and should come to Indiana to rumble.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Summer EPL? So you planning on going in Mid/Late August?
If you end up in London in Late June-Mid July...a day at Wimbledon is fun. I was able to get passback and grounds tickets day of. Not sure what it takes to get Court 1 & Center Court access.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

cerrano wrote:
boxcar wrote:

The wife especially would recommend spending some time in the North.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Just booked a trip to Nicaragua for March. Anyone got any recs?
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

I read that article yesterday. I hope the entire airline industry goes out of business.
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

"Economy minus." Got to love that one.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

P.D.X. wrote:Just booked a trip to Nicaragua for March. Anyone got any recs?
Stay home.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

Surfboards and automatic weapons.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

DC47 wrote:Surfboards and automatic weapons.

And copies of Sandanista!
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

P.D.X. wrote:Just booked a trip to Nicaragua for March. Anyone got any recs?
Let me know how it is. Thinking of heading down there myself pretty soon. Going to scout out some possible retirement spots next year - Panama, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Guatemala.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Chris Knight says...

“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Anybody in the market for a new carry-on roller suitcase"

[media]https://d2pq0u4uni88oo.cloudfront.net/p ... 4_high.mp4[/media]

Link
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Speaking of kicking puppies.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

You are easily offended.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I think "annoyed" is more correct.

That piece, while better-produced, uses all the same tactics of your typical "as seen on TV" product — presenting solutions to problems that don't exist and features that have no real-world practicality.

What are you going to do when you use the GPS to find your bag went to France instead of Spain? You're going to sit there and wait until the airline gets it to you — the same thing you'd do with any bag.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

P.D.X. wrote:I think "annoyed" is more correct.

That piece, while better-produced, uses all the same tactics of your typical "as seen on TV" product — presenting solutions to problems that don't exist and features that have no real-world practicality.

What are you going to do when you use the GPS to find your bag went to France instead of Spain? You're going to sit there and wait until the airline gets it to you — the same thing you'd do with any bag.
True. But, I'm not interested in the big case that you'd check anyway, so I'm not focused on the GPS feature. I like the roll-top design (helps when I change clothes in a bathroom stall) and the usb port to charge the phone. Yes, I know that one can easily acquire other portable charging devices, but I still think it is a cool, useful feature here. The price is competitive, so it's not like you are paying up for this stuff.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

I kicked puppies before I saw the price. Not that bad.
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Post by DC47 »

I presume it's weaponized.
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Post by cerrano »

bump.

tickets booked. aug. 6-20th. round trip ewr to dublin. might do a day trip to liverpool to see everton if they're at goodison. we're gonna rent a car, do the coast, go to the north, yadda, yadda, yadda. will be my first time out of the county. pretty fuckin' stoked.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Congrats on finally leaving the county.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

Just an FYI norwegian is running crazy cheap specials out of the US to oslo. Onceyou get to oslo you can go almost anywhere in Europe for like 100 bucks
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Oiler just did a Norway trip as well. He loved it. I don't think he made it down to anywhere else in Europe.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

A couple days in norway winter was enough for me....fjords in tromsø were awesome but you run out of things to do. Barcelona is one of the best cities I've been to, Sybian was right about it.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Yeah, Barcelona is the tits. Love that place.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Gunpowder wrote:A couple days in norway winter was enough for me....fjords in tromsø were awesome but you run out of things to do. Barcelona is one of the best cities I've been to, Sybian was right about it.
Flying over the fjords at sunrise is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I need to go back to Barcelona when I can really spend some time there.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Made the trip to Montreal (and Quebec City) last week, incorporating much of the advice I got from you guys a few months back.

Will say that the Montreal nighttime entertainment met, and then exceeded, the high expectations that were set.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"That's a really nice bag. We should dance extra good for him."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
tennbengal
The Dude

Post by tennbengal »

mister d wrote:"That's a really nice bag. We should dance extra good for him."
"Someone gets to shove their nose in my ass, and it's you with the nice bag!"
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Johnny Carwash wrote:Made the trip to Montreal (and Quebec City) last week, incorporating much of the advice I got from you guys a few months back.

Will say that the Montreal nighttime entertainment met, and then exceeded, the high expectations that were set.
I loved QC. I did a marathon there a few years back. Beautiful town. Honestly doesn't feel like you're in Canada. I felt like I was in Europe.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is there a better way to book flights than Kayak or whatever? I haven't booked for fun in a very long time and flights to New Orleans are blowing my mind; I thought they'd be on the cheaper side w/ gas prices down.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

mister d wrote:Is there a better way to book flights than Kayak or whatever? I haven't booked for fun in a very long time and flights to New Orleans are blowing my mind; I thought they'd be on the cheaper side w/ gas prices down.
In my experience, New Orleans is expensive in general because there is a lack of gate space at MSY and depending on where you're flying from there are fewer non-stops. You presumably have a few different options as far as airports though?

I still use Kayak to price, but then look at the airline's "direct" site since you can sometimes find some lower prices by tweaking some of the parameters on their site. I think part of the problem is quite honestly that NO is an expensive city to fly to generally.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

mister d wrote:Is there a better way to book flights than Kayak or whatever? I haven't booked for fun in a very long time and flights to New Orleans are blowing my mind; I thought they'd be on the cheaper side w/ gas prices down.
I've been using this site for a while. It's good for finding cheap tickets if you don't care where you want to go. A colleague used this site to get two round-trip tickets to Santiago, Chile for less than $800 total.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
THERE’S NOTHING WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!