Student says teacher harassed him for wearing Broncos Jersey

Welcome to the Swamp, our famous conversation board. We talk primarily about sports but you can have your say about just about anything. Please register yourself and say hello.
brooshkin
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by brooshkin »

that's pretty much all I was saying. if my son was a Cowboys fan (that is NOT the case ... thank God) ... but if he was and he went to school and was subjected to this by his teacher I would stick my foot so far up his ass he'd get Athlete's Throat.
howard in nyc
Nero Wolfe

Re: Student says teacher harassed him for wearing Broncos Je

Post by howard in nyc »

Brainbo wrote:. . .telling a certain female Steeler fan that if he had it his way, rip that little Ward jersey off her, stick his dick in her mouth. . .
(back away from the keyboard)
scottie wrote: "At least back then they had sense enough to nuke the fucking joint and be done with it."
http://ringsidereport.com; my latest effort
Brainbo
Philip Marlowe

Post by Brainbo »

brooshkin wrote:that's pretty much all I was saying. if my son was a Cowboys fan (that is NOT the case ... thank God) ... but if he was and he went to school and was subjected to this by his teacher I would stick my foot so far up his ass he'd get Athlete's Throat.
Really? That's all you were saying? If this shit really bothered you as a parent, why thank god your kid's not a Cowboys fan? And would you seriously deal with it that way? If so, good message to send to your kid.
brooshkin
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by brooshkin »

Fuck off Brainbo. I lost all respect for you based on your disdain for this kid (I know I know ... like you give a shit). Either you're not looking at it rationally or you're getting your monthly visit from Aunt Flow. I don't care which. I just know you're wrong and you're a hypocrite.

Eat it.
Brainbo
Philip Marlowe

Post by Brainbo »

brooshkin wrote:I lost all respect for you based on your disdain for this kid (I know I know ... like you give a shit). Either you're not looking at it rationally or you're getting your monthly visit from Aunt Flow. I don't care which. I just know you're wrong and you're a hypocrite.

Eat it.
If you actually gained respect for me from a message board, you're even shallower than your posts, which is stunning, frankly. The menstrual call? Eat it? Are you in eighth grade?

Please, take a look at your avatar, my message to you. And I type that with great disdain for you.
Dave
John Shaft

Post by Dave »

I love Brainbo.

That may have been the best insult post I've read on the Swamp.
sancarloskid
Monk

Post by sancarloskid »

Brainbo - I just saw your edit about the abuse you took in the stands. Wow. Sorry you met such horrible folks there. No excuse for that behavior. I'm sure you agree nobody should get abused for expressing their support for their team.
"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. With chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!"
davenyc
Hercule Poirot

Post by davenyc »

Nothing like the grand tradition of a gaggle of assholes picking on somebody different from them. It's even better when an authority figure says gives them permision to do it.

Like others have said, if your friends are giving you shit, fine. If a teacher tells everyone else to give you shit, not fine.
heat. kitchen. ass. door. way out. riddance. good. - Howard in NYC

"Soccer is like 90 minutes of foreplay, followed by two weeks of, 'Wow, that was almost good sex.' " - Paul M. Parks
Brainbo
Philip Marlowe

Post by Brainbo »

sancarloskid wrote:Brainbo - I just saw your edit about the abuse you took in the stands. Wow. Sorry you met such horrible folks there. No excuse for that behavior. I'm sure you agree nobody should get abused for expressing their support for their team.
It's why I originally wrote something to the effect of "I can take the spilled beer, but still . . . " Look, I get what being a fan at the game means. I get where the word comes from. I get emotions (no, really I do). But these people were way out of line. I've heard others who had similar problems in the stands, but for all i know, they were being just as obnoxious. But yes, I would agree, that no one should get "abused" for expressing support. I think I just differ on what/when something is "abuse" and what/when there is a little bit of information being left out of the story.
HOUND
Sherlock Holmes

Post by HOUND »

Not to threadjack here but fan behavior in general at sporting events has been going down the tubes for the last several years. I truly believe it's just a matter of time before a fan gets killed in a drunken brawl at a game. The mob mentality is alive and well in stadiums around the country and I'm amazed at how little the home teams appear to be concerned.

I used to think it would be awesome to have season tickets for my favorite football team. I could bring my kid to the game and enjoy a nice sporting event Sunday.

Not anymore. The language alone is enough to keep me from even considering bringing a child to a stadium.
JBCool
Hercule Poirot

Post by JBCool »

HOUND wrote: I truly believe it's just a matter of time before a fan gets killed in a drunken brawl at a game. The mob mentality is alive and well in stadiums around the country and I'm amazed at how little the home teams appear to be concerned.
Already happened. http://da.co.la.ca.us/mr/102604a.htm
Which is why, if I'm not sitting on the field, I ain't taking my kid to the game.
"I'm gonna quit following my dreams...I'm just gonna ask where they're going and catch up with them later."---Mitch Hedberg
rush2112
Karel "Carl" Kolchak

Post by rush2112 »

I think we should throw things at the San Carlos Kid for having this as his avatar.

"It's like that drug trip in that movie I saw when I was on that drug trip."
sancarloskid
Monk

Post by sancarloskid »

In the words of my least favorite President:

"Bring it on."

John Elway. A giant of the NFL. A truly great quarterback and leader of men. And, he sells a lot of cars, too.

After a tough weekend, I feel the need to recall the glory.
"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. With chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!"
davenyc
Hercule Poirot

Post by davenyc »

rush2112 wrote:I think we should throw things at the San Carlos Kid for having this as his avatar.

The second that the internet allows me to physically interact with people, I'll be using it to stab people in the face with a fork.
heat. kitchen. ass. door. way out. riddance. good. - Howard in NYC

"Soccer is like 90 minutes of foreplay, followed by two weeks of, 'Wow, that was almost good sex.' " - Paul M. Parks
Brainbo
Philip Marlowe

Post by Brainbo »

davenyc wrote:
rush2112 wrote:I think we should throw things at the San Carlos Kid for having this as his avatar.

The second that the internet allows me to physically interact with people, I'll be using it to stab people in the face with a fork.
At which point, it would make going to games seem a heckuva lot safer . . .