Student says teacher harassed him for wearing Broncos Jersey

Welcome to the Swamp, our famous conversation board. We talk primarily about sports but you can have your say about just about anything. Please register yourself and say hello.
Mr. Hoodbar
Hercule Poirot

Post by Mr. Hoodbar »

davenyc wrote:
Mr. Hoodbar wrote:
brooshkin wrote:Fuck off Brainbo. I lost all respect for you based on your disdain for this kid...
Hey Brainbo, I truly hope you'll be able to sleep tonight.

Helluva response too. Brooshkin is your bitch.
I'll translate:
Hood* likes Brainbo cock. (well, dildo)

Keep up with the recreational[/] sex. Please.

"It's a funny world, but not a hilarious one, unless you have a sick sense of humor." -- Anon
brooshkin
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by brooshkin »

Ok ...

fix it now .... asssholes
davenyc
Hercule Poirot

Post by davenyc »

Mr. Hoodbar wrote:
davenyc wrote:
Mr. Hoodbar wrote: Hey Brainbo, I truly hope you'll be able to sleep tonight.

Helluva response too. Brooshkin is your bitch.
I'll translate:
Hood* likes Brainbo cock. (well, dildo)

Keep up with the recreational[/] sex. Please.

That doesn't look like Brainbo...
heat. kitchen. ass. door. way out. riddance. good. - Howard in NYC

"Soccer is like 90 minutes of foreplay, followed by two weeks of, 'Wow, that was almost good sex.' " - Paul M. Parks
Lentl
Jessica Fletcher

Post by Lentl »

brooshkin wrote: I can understand a Shittsburgh fan being an apologist for that teacher ... you on the other hand ... well, you're just an ass.
Shittsburgh ... HA! Man, that's hilarious. Everytime I hear it I have to laugh. Original, that's what it is.

And ooh-ooh! I've got one ... Filthadelphia. Get it? It has filth in it, impling that the city is filthy. Hilarious. Not the level or genius of a Shittsburgh, but still pretty damn funny.
TexansTragedy
Hercule Poirot

Post by TexansTragedy »

Lentl wrote:
brooshkin wrote: I can understand a Shittsburgh fan being an apologist for that teacher ... you on the other hand ... well, you're just an ass.
Shittsburgh ... HA! Man, that's hilarious. Everytime I hear it I have to laugh. Original, that's what it is.

And ooh-ooh! I've got one ... Filthadelphia. Get it? It has filth in it, impling that the city is filthy. Hilarious. Not the level or genius of a Shittsburgh, but still pretty damn funny.
thats going in the encyclopedia right next to san fagcisco
hdo45331
Monk

Post by hdo45331 »

TexansTragedy wrote:
Lentl wrote:

thats going in the encyclopedia right next to san fagcisco

Or San Fran-sissies-co.
"Oh, Alex."

Ryan Friedman, AKA Turd Furgeson
davenyc
Hercule Poirot

Post by davenyc »

Lentl wrote:

Glad you could chime in fuckwit. You take some time off from raping puppies or something?
heat. kitchen. ass. door. way out. riddance. good. - Howard in NYC

"Soccer is like 90 minutes of foreplay, followed by two weeks of, 'Wow, that was almost good sex.' " - Paul M. Parks
TexansTragedy
Hercule Poirot

Post by TexansTragedy »

davenyc wrote:
Lentl wrote:

Glad you could chime in fuckwit. You take some time off from raping puppies or something?

im confused....which one is the fuckwit?
DSafetyGuy
Philip Marlowe

Post by DSafetyGuy »

So, what I'm taking from all of this is this:

Next summer, when I get married in Beaver PA, I should not wear a John Elway jersey under my tuxedo jacket.

Check.
"Oh, no, Bear is driving. How can that be?"
edbatista
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by edbatista »

DSafetyGuy wrote:So, what I'm taking from all of this is this:

Next summer, when I get married in Beaver PA, I should not wear a John Elway jersey under my tuxedo jacket.
Not unless you want the minister to make you sit in the aisle while the wedding party pelts you with rice.

<getting up on high horse> I agree that the kid wore the jersey to provoke a reaction, and he should have expected to get hassled by his peers.

But the teacher crossed a line when he condoned said hassling, and he went way the fuck overboard when he joined in himself and acted in such a way that could reasonably be expected to hurt the kid's grade on a mid-term. That's totally inappropriate for any authority figure, let alone someone charged with teaching ethics (!) to kids.

Blowing this off as just high-spirited support for the Steelers 1) reduces a school to the level of a stadium, and tells students and teachers they're free to act the same way in both places, and 2) implicitly condones harassment of anyone whose views differ from those of the crowd.

Yes, the kid's a jack.ass*, but vigorously defending people's right to be jackasses is, like it or not, a fundamental pillar of our society. </dismounting>

*Just avoiding yet another idiotic word substitution. So not funny anymore.
I am the K.i.n.g of disappearing, coming back and coming back hard. Just ask Hood*.
PresidentCerrano
Sherlock Holmes

Post by PresidentCerrano »

fucking casual fridays. they were all just asking for trouble.
zumba
Monk

Post by zumba »

edbatista wrote:
DSafetyGuy wrote:So, what I'm taking from all of this is this:

Not unless you want the minister to make you sit in the aisle while the wedding party pelts you with rice.

<getting up on high horse> I agree that the kid wore the jersey to provoke a reaction, and he should have expected to get hassled by his peers.

But the teacher crossed a line when he condoned said hassling, and he went way the fuck overboard when he joined in himself and acted in such a way that could reasonably be expected to hurt the kid's grade on a mid-term. That's totally inappropriate for any authority figure, let alone someone charged with teaching ethics (!) to kids.

Blowing this off as just high-spirited support for the Steelers 1) reduces a school to the level of a stadium, and tells students and teachers they're free to act the same way in both places, and 2) implicitly condones harassment of anyone whose views differ from those of the crowd.

Yes, the kid's a jack.ass*, but vigorously defending people's right to be jackasses is, like it or not, a fundamental pillar of our society. </dismounting>

*Just avoiding yet another idiotic word substitution. So not funny anymore.
spot on.
Brainbo
Philip Marlowe

Post by Brainbo »

For the record, I don't have a dick. Enjoy it greatly under appropriate circumstances, but don't have one of my own. You understand that, don't you brooshkin?

Seriously -- cut the fucking personal attacks.

Edited after some time to stop being annoyed: On further review, screw it. Keep them coming. People here have much worse said about them. I have a dick? Perfect. I'm officially a self-sustaining woman.
howard in nyc
Nero Wolfe

Post by howard in nyc »

TexansTragedy wrote:im confused....which one is the fuckwit?
if you sit down at a thread on the internet, and you have to ask 'who is the fuckwit,' it's you.
Brainbo wrote:For the record, I don't have a dick.
i know where you could borrow one. as long as you return it in the same condition you received, wait, that doesn't work...

(well done, brainy)
scottie wrote: "At least back then they had sense enough to nuke the fucking joint and be done with it."
http://ringsidereport.com; my latest effort
Brainbo
Philip Marlowe

Post by Brainbo »

Just thought I'd send a little update from the Steel City. As far as I can tell, Joshua wasn't, in fact, giving all of the pertinent details to the press. But, hey, he got a recliner signed by John Elway (you know, of the Elway line of recliners), so perhaps that makes him feel like it was worth it. Oh, and he gets the option to drop the class.
The Big Beaver Falls Area School District said it will not take any disciplinary action against a high school teacher accused of humiliating a student who wore a Denver Broncos jersey to his class.

John Kelly "has already been the brunt of adverse public opinion and the school district does not believe discipline is warranted or would serve any purpose," said a news release issued yesterday by the school district.

More than a week after Beaver Falls High School student Joshua Vannoy told newspapers from Pittsburgh to Denver that he was humiliated by Mr. Kelly for wearing a Broncos jersey to school two days before the Steelers won the AFC Championship game against the Broncos, Joshua has returned to school and school administrators have completed their investigation.

Joshua, 17, complained that Mr. Kelly, a hard core Steelers fan, didn't like his Broncos jersey and forced him to sit on the floor while taking his mid-term examination in the honors ethnic relations class. Mr. Kelly offered other students, who sat in a circle of desks around Joshua, extra points on their test for throwing wads of paper at him.

During the investigation, the administrators talked to the teacher, all witnesses and Joshua, who returned to school on Monday. Although the administrators found nothing false in Joshua's version of events, they explained in their news release that the ethnic relations course is a popular elective taken by honor students.

"As part of the course, students are often singled out to exemplify uncomfortable treatment and students who enroll in the course are aware of this fact," the statement said.

"Face to face discussions and interaction among students and with the instructor sitting in a circle is a normal classroom setting for this course."

The investigation found there was "no grabbing or name-calling. Although his instructor and other classmates tossed crumpled paper at the student, it did not occur during the actual exam."

Neither Joshua nor his attorney, Nicholas Frisk III, could be reached yesterday. School Superintendent Donna Nugent and Principal Thomas Karczewski also could not be reached.

In earlier interviews, Joshua and his attorney said Joshua had been receiving "nasty" messages from classmates who disapprove of him causing trouble for Mr. Kelly, a popular teacher. Mr. Frisk advised Joshua to stay home until the school could arrange for his safe return.

Mr. Kelly also played a role in that process.

"The teacher himself had previously addressed the student body requesting that they show respect for Josh and not allow this matter to be blown further out of proportion," according to the school district's statement. "The teacher personally apologized to the student, explaining that he had no intentions of upsetting the student and that it was meant as a joke."

Lee Price, whose law firm represents the Big Beaver Falls Area School District, said Joshua will have the option of dropping Mr. Kelly's class, but he did not know yesterday if that would happen.

"As far as the district is concerned, this is over and we believe this has put the matter behind everyone, particularly for Josh and the teacher," he said.