Student says teacher harassed him for wearing Broncos Jersey

Welcome to the Swamp, our famous conversation board. We talk primarily about sports but you can have your say about just about anything. Please register yourself and say hello.
PresidentCerrano
Sherlock Holmes

Post by PresidentCerrano »

brooshkin wrote:"The teacher himself had previously addressed the student body requesting that they show respect for Josh and not allow this matter to be blown further out of proportion," according to the school district's statement. "The teacher personally apologized to the student, explaining that he had no intentions of upsetting the student and that it was meant as a joke."

Why when I ponder this statement do I get a mental picture of Col Nathan R. Jessup ordering his men to not give Private Santiago any shit.
little bit of a stretch, no? sure, and i bet the next thing you'll say is that this kid could be compared to rosa parks and the teacher to bull connor.

wait, that sounds familiar
HoodTimes
Mike Hammer

Post by HoodTimes »

PresidentCerrano wrote:
brooshkin wrote:"The teacher himself had previously addressed the student body requesting that they show respect for Josh and not allow this matter to be blown further out of proportion," according to the school district's statement. "The teacher personally apologized to the student, explaining that he had no intentions of upsetting the student and that it was meant as a joke."

Why when I ponder this statement do I get a mental picture of Col Nathan R. Jessup ordering his men to not give Private Santiago any shit.
little bit of a stretch, no? sure, and i bet the next thing you'll say is that this kid could be compared to rosa parks and the teacher to bull connor.

Nice work, President Cerrano. You've clearly been keeping up. The way I see it, once an idiot tiny dicked douchebag, always a tiny dicked douchebag. Unfortunate? Yes. But it is what it is.
The Airing of Grievances

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -- MLK, Jr.
sancarloskid
Monk

Post by sancarloskid »

This thing is getting pulled six different ways from origin. I'm a bit embarrassed with myself for beating the issue to death, but... just one last clarification of my view.

I think it cheapens the memory of really significant events for us to compare this to them.

I'm not defending the little shit, so much as I think the teacher and the school are sweeping an ugly little deed under the rug, with crappy, contradictory excuses that the apologists are just all too ready to embrace. I think they deserve to be called on it. Just because the kid is a shit doesn't lessen the teacher's culpability. Done.
"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. With chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!"
First Blood
Nancy Drew

Post by First Blood »

^
Good summary. Both parties are idiots, just in their own special little way. Something this innocuous doesn't become such a big story without some idiots involved. The kid is a pussy and the teacher is an idiot.
sancarloskid
Monk

Post by sancarloskid »

Welcome, First Blood.

Funny, you are apparently a 49er fan who lives in Colorado.

I'm a Bronco fan who lives just outside of SF.
"Eight hundred leaf-tables and no chairs? You can't sell leaf-tables and no chairs. With chairs, you got a dinette set. No chairs, you got dick!"
First Blood
Nancy Drew

Post by First Blood »

L-O-L (wow, didn't know the board did that!). I like the Broncos when they aren't playing my team. Saw them play the Ravens, Raiders and Pats and sat at Mile High Station during the beating vs. Pittsburgh. I used to live in the Bay Area too, about 15 years ago, just in time to catch that great Loma Prieta quake.
brooshkin
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by brooshkin »

PresidentCerrano wrote:

Who the fuck is bull connor? Seriously, I'm pretty good but I can't remember.

And hey, I took major league shit but I can still stand by that post. Fuck off of you don't like it ... it fit based on the bullshit premise someone else put forth. Look at it again without the brooshkin hatred.

Or not ... I don't give a fuck.

No less than Cedric The Entertainer's character in Barbershop is behind me 100%.
PresidentCerrano
Sherlock Holmes

Post by PresidentCerrano »

brooshkin wrote:Who the fuck is bull connor? Seriously, I'm pretty good but I can't remember.

And hey, I took major league shit but I can still stand by that post. Fuck off of you don't like it ... it fit based on the bullshit premise someone else put forth. Look at it again without the brooshkin hatred.
broosh,

it's a message board, so it aint personal. btw, my avatar for a coupla weeks was the wawa, so were practically homies.

nonetheless, your analogy is faulty from it's foundations as rosa parks and many others suffered legitimate discrimination while this kid knowingly enrolled in a class that simulated discrimination. the key word is simulated as the difference parks experienced it everyday and everywhere, while this kid experienced it in one class.

and the public beating he's taking is not becuase he's a denver fan, it's becuase he cried wolf, and it created an unnecessary headache for the community. while maybe the other kids should be more understanding concerning this cry for help, i don't think you would question their "protecting their own" mentality when it comes to their teacher who gave fair warning to the class that something like this could happen at any time as part of the learning experience. (dewey would be proud, not the librarian)

it's pathetic the way this kid ran to the media on this suspect charge against the teacher, and sad that he allowed his parents fight this illegitimate battle for him. what you are implying by the "full metal jacket" reference is analogous to coded messages in a bin laden communique. hmm... steelers = al qeada? jerloma?
brooshy wrote:Or not ... I don't give a fuck.
huh?
brooshdog wrote:No less than Cedric The Entertainer's character in Barbershop is behind me 100%.
touche. i got you on the connor reference, you got me on the cedric. well played, my friend, well played.
brooshkin
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by brooshkin »

that "brooshdog" wins it for me ... talk about well played? I'm loving it ...

At this point ... I have to admit the kid was a pussy ... how could I not?

I SOOO don't want to let the teacher get a pass though .. I think (or duh ... know) you're a teacher and are well more versed in that deal (and such situations) ...

I officially let it go .... begrudgingly ...
brooshkin
Tenspeed and Brown Shoe

Post by brooshkin »

and besides .... I'm feelin' goooood ...