Heisman

Welcome to the Swamp, our famous conversation board. We talk primarily about sports but you can have your say about just about anything. Please register yourself and say hello.

Who should win?

Bush
75%
Young
15%
Leinart
10%

Total votes: 20

rush2112
Karel "Carl" Kolchak

Heisman

Post by rush2112 »

Espn is having the "nation" vote...

Young is winning one state. TX and thats only 49-51%

Bush leads the nation 77 to 22%

Personally I think Leinart should win.
"It's like that drug trip in that movie I saw when I was on that drug trip."
Sabo! Sabo!
Monk

Re: Heisman

Post by Sabo! Sabo! »

rush2112 wrote:Personally I think Leinart should win.
I agree. Bush might be the best pro prospect, but if you're USC, you can rather easily replace Bush with LenDale White. But could they easily replace Leinart? I don't think so.
Ohio University football: 9-3 overall, 7-1 in MAC. MAC EAST CHAMPIONS!
Next game: Central Michigan for the MAC Championship! Nov. 30, Detroit, MI.

"You're one of the most beautiful women in the world, you know, spreadeagled." - Carl
Jerloma
Rabbi David Small

Post by Jerloma »

Sabo! Sabo! wrote:
rush2112 wrote:Personally I think Leinart should win.
I agree. Bush might be the best pro prospect, but if you're USC, you can rather easily replace Bush with LenDale White. But could they easily replace Leinart? I don't think so.
Your getting your awards mixed up there Sabo. The Heisman isn't for the most valuable player it's simply for the best player. It's still up for debate but I don't think there's a better player than Bush. The guy is just ridiculous.
"I don't know whether I should kill myself or go bowling."
Sabo! Sabo!
Monk

Post by Sabo! Sabo! »

Jerloma wrote:Your getting your awards mixed up there Sabo. The Heisman isn't for the most valuable player it's simply for the best player. It's still up for debate but I don't think there's a better player than Bush. The guy is just ridiculous.
You're right ... Heisman is for best player, not MVP. I don't know if it would cause me to change my vote ... I really don't think Leinart has done anything to dissuade me he's the best player in the NCAA. Bush is great, no question, and I'm sure he'll get his fair share of votes. It will be interesting to see if Bush and Leinart will split votes, allowing Young to sneak in and get the award.
Ohio University football: 9-3 overall, 7-1 in MAC. MAC EAST CHAMPIONS!
Next game: Central Michigan for the MAC Championship! Nov. 30, Detroit, MI.

"You're one of the most beautiful women in the world, you know, spreadeagled." - Carl
rush2112
Karel "Carl" Kolchak

Post by rush2112 »

Young hasn't had that signature game or play...

Bush had his 5 trillion yards against Fresno in the Fresno game...

Leinart had that 4th down throw and the goal line plays against ND.

Young? nothing.

except beating up on shitty Big 12 teams.
DaveInSeattle
Sam Spade

Post by DaveInSeattle »

rush2112 wrote:Young? nothing.

And looking rather pedestrian in his big rivalry game today.

And I'll go way out on the limb and say I was a lot more impressed wth the freshman from aTm then I was with Young today.
Avatar now reflects the author of the book I'm currently reading....
yaoming7511
V.I Warshawski

Post by yaoming7511 »

rush2112 wrote:Young hasn't had that signature game or play...

Young? nothing.

Signature play? I recall that pass to Limas Sweed during the Ohio State game as a pretty good play. Remember? The TD pass? The one that won the game?

And the reason that Young hasn't been tested is because he's been playing shitty teams. It's not his fault that the Big 12 is full of crap teams. Wait till the Rose Bowl when Texas plays USC. Young will have his "signature" game.

And who has USC played? Notre Dame? They barely won that game. I still think USC is overrated and it will be proven on Jan. 3rd when the Longhorns win the National Championship.

Bush is amazing though. After his performance against Fresno State and Vince's poor performance against A&M, I think Bush should win it. BUT, USC shouldn't have been put in that position against Fresno State.
THE 2005 NATIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!! THE TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!
DaveInSeattle
Sam Spade

Post by DaveInSeattle »

yaoming7511 wrote:And the reason that Young hasn't been tested is because he's been playing shitty teams. It's not his fault that the Big 12 is full of crap teams. Wait till the Rose Bowl when Texas plays USC. Young will have his "signature" game.
Do I smell an avatar bet coming on?

Young looked awful yesterday against aTm, which if I remember correctly, had the worst rated pass defense in the country going into the game.
Bush is amazing though. After his performance against Fresno State and Vince's poor performance against A&M, I think Bush should win it. BUT, USC shouldn't have been put in that position against Fresno State.
Fresno State is better then anyone that Texas has played since the Ohio State game. The Big 12 is the most over-rated conference in the Country.

And think about it....how much can you count on Mack Brown to win a big game?
Avatar now reflects the author of the book I'm currently reading....
texas_sportsman
Nancy Drew

Post by texas_sportsman »

Fresno State is currently getting whipped by Nevada????? I didn't even know they played football in the state of Nevada.

You can throw out the records when Texas and aTm play because it is such a great rivalry game. I admit it - Young stunk it up yesterday as did the entire Texas team. However - playing a horrible game and scoring 40 while winning on the road in one of the toughest college environments tells me that Texas is a championship caliber team.

By the way - everyone seems to be giving the Heisman to Bush after his 500 yard game. Don't forget - Vince Young had a 500 yard game a few weeks ago. He had 300 passing and 200 rushing.

But who really cares about the Heisman - I hope Bush wins and then Texas takes it from him during the Rose Bowl.
Everything is bigger and better in TEXAS!
rush2112
Karel "Carl" Kolchak

Post by rush2112 »

yaoming7511 wrote:
Signature play? I recall that pass to Limas Sweed during the Ohio State game as a pretty good play. Remember? The TD pass? The one that won the game?
No, I don't because that was so long ago...I am just like the typical Heisman voter.

Even though the 4th down pass and endzone playes are Heisman worthy. IIRC Heisman votes don't count bowl games so young is s.o.l. in that regard.
briandtw
Jim Rockford

Post by briandtw »

Young is D-U-N (where the Heisman is concerned). Bush might as well start clearing a place on his mantle.

As for USC-Texas, that ought to be a hell of a game. It'll be interesting since neither USC or Texas has played a very tough schedule, though they're obviously the two best teams in the country.
Obed is back!

Central Michigan football (8-4, 7-1 MAC West; MAC West Champions):

Last week: d. Buffalo 55-28
This week: MAC Championship Game (Tonight vs. Ohio @ Ford Field, Detroit), ESPN
yaoming7511
V.I Warshawski

Post by yaoming7511 »

briandtw wrote:Young is D-U-N (where the Heisman is concerned). Bush might as well start clearing a place on his mantle.

As for USC-Texas, that ought to be a hell of a game. It'll be interesting since neither USC or Texas has played a very tough schedule, though they're obviously the two best teams in the country.
Should be an amazing game. Looking forward to it.
THE 2005 NATIONAL COLLEGE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!! THE TEXAS LONGHORNS!!!
billy22g
Mike Hammer

Post by billy22g »

briandtw wrote:though they're obviously the two best teams in the country.
I don't know. A very solid case could be made for that team from Tallahassee.
After much anticipation, the hawaiian shirt is back. http://www.hawaiianshirtfriday.net

"I have phraseology which has been carefully examined and arrived at as best as we can apply to exactly the situation and the actions which have taken place ... "
briandtw
Jim Rockford

Post by briandtw »

billy22g wrote:
briandtw wrote:though they're obviously the two best teams in the country.
I don't know. A very solid case could be made for that team from Tallahassee.
Seminole Community College?
Obed is back!

Central Michigan football (8-4, 7-1 MAC West; MAC West Champions):

Last week: d. Buffalo 55-28
This week: MAC Championship Game (Tonight vs. Ohio @ Ford Field, Detroit), ESPN