Tom Brady and Donald Trump

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

How would you classify their relationship?

Best Friends
20%
Bestest Friends
67%
I'm a Pats fan and I didn't even bother opening this thread you fahkin' troll
13%

Total votes: 15

rass
The Dude

Tom Brady and Donald Trump

Post by rass »

Tom Brady wrote:Donald is a good friend of mine. I have known him for a long time. I support all my friends. That is what I have to say. He’s a good friend of mine. He’s always been so supportive of me — for the last 15 years, since I judged a beauty pageant for him, which was one of the very first things that I did that thought was really cool. That came along with winning the Super Bowl. He’s always invited me to play golf. I’ve always enjoyed his company.
link
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Re: Tom Brady and Donald Trump

Post by Johnny Carwash »

Time to pick a side, rush.
Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

No one seems to consider that Brady might just be a bad person.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote:No one seems to consider that Brady might just be a bad person.
Oh, its been considered....
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

In contrast, Colin Karpernick posted a number of criticisms of Trump and statements against Islamophobia to his social media accounts yesterday. He's had a nightmare year on the field but I respect him doing that.
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

Here's some pretty good evidence that Brady is a bad person: http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/11/bodygua ... ns-wedding.

Apparently taking unauthorized photos of Tommy and Gisele is a capital offense.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Not the best athlete, nor the worst person from his high school (fellow Serra alumnus is Barry Bonds. Lynn Swann too.)
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

howard wrote:
Not the best athlete, nor the worst person from his high school (fellow Serra alumnus is Barry Bonds. Lynn Swann too.)
And tons of lesser athletes, too. That school isn't far from my home and last year, when my daughter participated in a math competition held at Serra, I got a chance to look over their "Hall of Fame" pictures. Guys I remembered included Gregg Jefferies, Jim Fregosi, John Robinson, Danny Frisella...
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Is Frisella the one who died in a dune buggy accident?
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote:Is Frisella the one who died in a dune buggy accident?
Yep.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

It seems like atleast once every two years I end up on the "athletes who died during their careers" wiki page and that one stands out as super weird.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

mister d wrote:It seems like atleast once every two years I end up on the "athletes who died during their careers" wiki page and that one stands out as super weird.
OK, I bit. The deaths from typhoid and tuberculosis sound weird today, but I'm sure they weren't in the 19th century. But, this one:
Alfredo Edmead / 18 / Outfielder / Pittsburgh Pirates / on-field collision with teammate / 1974
https://urbanshocker.wordpress.com/2007 ... ond-death/

I remember that one clearly. Read about it in SI. Haven't thought about it in decades.

But, sorry, this is the weirdest:
Ed Delahanty* / 35 / Outfielder / Washington Senators / swept over Niagara Falls /1903

*HOF
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That's why you never kick a guy off a train over Niagara Falls.
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

DID SOMEONE SAY ED DELAHANTY?!?
The Phillies obtained Delahanty as a replacement for Charlie Ferguson. Ferguson was a pitcher who had converted to second base for his final season, but he died early in 1888 from typhoid fever.
During one game that season, St. Louis infielder George Pinkney charged toward home plate, expecting Delahanty to bunt; Delahanty swung and hit a ball that "appeared to have been shot from a cannon", breaking Pinkney's ankle.
When Delahanty's Phillies hosted the Chicago White Stockings at Philadelphia's Huntingdon Street Grounds in July, Cap Anson hit a fly ball to center field. The ball hit a pole and landed right in the "doghouse," a little-known feature of the park that was used to store numbers for the manually run scoreboard. Delahanty tried reaching over the "doghouse" and then tried crawling down into it. He got stuck, and by the time teammate Sam Thompson had freed Delahanty from the area, Anson had crossed home plate.
HE GOT WINNIE THE FUCKING POOHED! I love this guy.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

From the newspaper article when he died...
Delehanty's body was mangled. One leg was torn off, presumably by the propeller of the Maid of the Mist. The body will be shipped to Washington to-night.
That's the second-most depressing thing you'll see about Buffalo this week.
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

howard wrote:
Alfredo Edmead / 18 / Outfielder / Pittsburgh Pirates / on-field collision with teammate / 1974
https://urbanshocker.wordpress.com/2007 ... ond-death/
I remember that one clearly. Read about it in SI. Haven't thought about it in decades.
Read about that over the summer after this tweet after a couple of Cardinals outfielders took each other out in Pittsburgh: Thanks Ed.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

Those two got nothing on Len Koenecke. His death got referenced in Smugger's Blues, the single funniest episode of Archer.

Take it away, Wikipedia.
After being sent home from the road trip he caught a commercial flight for New York. During the flight he drank a quart of whiskey and became very drunk. After harassing other passengers and striking a stewardess, the pilot had to sit on him to restrain him as he was shackled to his seat. He was removed unconscious from the flight in Detroit. After sleeping on a chair in the airport he chartered a flight to Buffalo. While flying over Canada he had a disagreement with the pilot and a passenger, and attempted to take control of the aircraft. In order to avoid a crash he was hit over the head by both the pilot (who had left his controls) and the other passenger with a fire extinguisher.[4] After an emergency landing on a racetrack it was found that Koenecke had died of a cerebral hemorrhage.[4] The two pilots were charged with manslaughter but were found not guilty in a trial soon after.[5][6][7][8]
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

Donald Trump Finally Distances Himself from Unrepentant Cheater Tom Brady

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
SportsDoc
Brandt

Post by SportsDoc »

I will say that Brady standing by a friend doesn't mean he'd vote for him. Not throwing a friend under the bus publicly is commendable. Trump's flaws are readily apparent, no need for Brady to pile on. Might be different if there were flaws he knew of that the rest of us didn't. I think we all fully understand Trump's character.

I had a close friend run for mayor here, but I felt his attitude was not suited for the job. I never said anything bad about him publicly, still consider him a good friend, but I didn't vote for him, either.
"All men can stand adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

SportsDoc wrote: I had a close friend run for mayor here, but I felt his attitude was not suited for the job. I never said anything bad about him publicly, still consider him a good friend, but I didn't vote for him, either.
Did you wear his campaign swag?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Giff wrote:
SportsDoc wrote: I had a close friend run for mayor here, but I felt his attitude was not suited for the job. I never said anything bad about him publicly, still consider him a good friend, but I didn't vote for him, either.
Aren't you my friend on Facebook? I wear his campaign swag.

Also, I have a Make America Great Again hat.

But really, I bought the thing from Barstool Sports. Matt Patricia wears clothes from Barstool Sports too. So it isn't a stretch that he may have gotten it from a non Trump source.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Johnnie wrote: So it isn't a stretch that he may have gotten it from a non Trump source.
That's as big of a stretch as saying he didn't know the balls were deflated. (I wish Rush posted this instead of Johnnie). I'm going to say the most famous QB in the NFL is much more likely to have gotten Trump swag from his personal friend, Trump himself, then from ironically buying it on Barstool Sports.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
SportsDoc
Brandt

Post by SportsDoc »

Giff wrote:
No, but don't remember him having anything other than yard signs. I did not do a yard sign, but he did not ask me, either. My street doesn't have enough traffic for visibility.
"All men can stand adversity. If you want to test a man's character, give him power." Abraham Lincoln