Obama Administration Meltdown Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

testy boxcar
Maude Lebowski

Re: Obama Administration Meltdown Thread

Post by testy boxcar »

i think anyone pretending to be shocked about this is cute.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

brian wrote:But the implication of "why haven't we seen this before" seemed to imply that there was something especially interesting or noteworthy about the picture. So, in other words, it's all good.
I took it as "these pics are fantastic and hilarious" and should have been memes a long time ago. And I fully agree. Love seeing powerful people as horny teenagers awkwardly trying to get some off of Foxy girls. I am totally implying all of that in the Porky's-esque movie playing in my head based off of the pics. Barry probably banged both girls, stopped to high five himself and declare "I'm Barry Soetoro, bitches" while forcing the other weasel watch and cry.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Obama Has Lost The War On Leaks

"We will keep you safe if you sacrifice some of your freedom" is a lie. The biggest fucking lie of the five years of Obama, of the eight years of Bush. It was a lie when told by John Adams, by Stalin, by Hitler, by Mao, and by every fucking despot recorded in history.

May a few more people finally at long last awaken to this lie. Thank you, Edward Snowden; I am saddened at what they are going to do to you, as they have done to Manning, Assange, and as they tried to do to Ellsberg. As they have done to all the whistleblowers during the Obama years.

As always

FUCK THE NSA!
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Killing Americans, Spying on Americans, Prosecuting Americans who are revealing government secrets...

Even Maureen Dowd has had enough: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/09/opini ... ndowd&_r=0
The president calls the vast eavesdropping apparatus “modest encroachments on privacy.”

Back in 2007, Obama said he would not want to run an administration that was “Bush-Cheney lite.” He doesn’t have to worry. With prisoners denied due process at Gitmo starving themselves, with the C.I.A. not always aware who it’s killing with drones, with an overzealous approach to leaks, and with the government’s secret domestic spy business swelling, there’s nothing lite about it.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

mini puke to 1,558
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

BTW, lest I forget: Dianne Feinstein is a horrible, horrible person. My goodness how I hate her. I can't believe I used to love her so much, I was so proud of her back in the dark days of late 1978; that feels like a different world, a thousand years ago.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

79 year olds shouldn't be allowed to drive lest hold seats in the Senate. Fucking Lautenberg was 89 and he just died. A tangential point, but still. This is the type of shit that's just madness. 10 years max should be the rule. Presidents get 2 terms (or up to 10 years), it should flow as such elsewhere.

But why is everyone shocked nearly 12 years after the fact? We knew this would happen.

And again...this is why I don't vote.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Didn't know what thread to put this in, as it's wingnuttery, but also deals directly with Barry.

I just find this article amusing, and the comments quite scary.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
howard
Karl Hungus

Might as well make it official

Post by howard »

Americans say they are pretty comfortable with expanded government surveillance
This is no more news to me than the final score of the Heat game the other night, relative to the game situation midway through the fourth.
The overall picture is still one in which large numbers of Americans are deeply frightened by terrorism and want the government to devote significant resources to combat it, notwithstanding the fact that terrorism is not much of an actual threat. On balance, most people polled indicated security is more important to them than privacy, which is the reason that expanded surveillance powers and the use of secret courts have been so popular among lawmakers.
I have said many times, 'we are so fucked'. This is why. Fear won; we lost. Dumb motherfuckers. We had a nice little country, based on freedom and the necessary work to keep freedom alive. We gave it away, without even a fight. Pitiful.

I was conceited to believe Americans would never become such fearful sheep. They sure showed me.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Re: Might as well make it official

Post by Pruitt »

howard wrote:Americans say they are pretty comfortable with expanded government surveillance

I was conceited to believe Americans would never become such fearful sheep. They sure showed me.
When people are told over and over that "freedom isn't free," those of average and below average intelligence start to believe it.

At the risk of starting a controversy, I have to say that recent events have for the first time caused me to agree with Libertarians in some ways.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Nothing to do with terrorism...it just kind of doesn't really bother me if the government were looking at my cell phone. There's far bigger constitutional breeches by the government that don't even get reported.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

I'd rather talk like a pirate, but that is pretty damn funny.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

How Long will This Bullshit Go On?

Post by howard »

Snowden saw what I saw: surveillance criminally subverting the constitution
Sure, easy to dismiss the whole mess with "this isn't news; it's been going on for years."

I will not dismiss this question: How long are you going to permit this shit to continue, America?

(until it is too late, sadly is the answer.)

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

The lies from the Obama admin have descended to the level of plain insulting to our intelligence. Shrewd, Barry; nicely done.

NSA General: Surveillance Has Disrupted 'Dozens' Of Terror Plots

Really. Fucking really. So, you mean, these dozens of terror plots disrupted by domestic surveillance, yet I don't recall any arrests, indictments, convictions, or imprisonment of dozens of terrorists who were on US soil making phone calls and browsing the internet.

Not a single goddamn one. Ah, you disrupted these plots, and secretly whisked away all these terrorists, who participated in these dozens of disrupted plots, and didn't bother with trials. Or they all got away. Or what the fuck exactly?

How fucking stupid do you think we are? Shit, I guess you're right.

And, of course, now all of a sudden, Syria did use chem weapons. So, now, all of a sudden, send in the Marines. Don't bother with this NSA stuff--we got a new war.

This crap is so damn simple minded, so dishonest and an affront to anyone with a brain that is in use. This week is a new low. I'm sure this standard won't last long.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

How did David Bowie Phrase It?

Post by howard »

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

howard wrote:The lies from the Obama admin have descended to the level of plain insulting to our intelligence. Shrewd, Barry; nicely done.

NSA General: Surveillance Has Disrupted 'Dozens' Of Terror Plots
. . .
So, let's see. Surveillance has been effective because it has disrupted dozens of potential terrorist plots but (!) Snowden's whistleblowing will cause the terrorists to change tactics because (!) the terrorists were somehow unaware that all of their diabolical plots were being disrupted because of surveillance.

Sure.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

NSA: Surveillance Thwarted ‘Dozens’ Of Terrorist Acts
American Voices • Opinion • ISSUE 49•24 • Jun 14, 2013

The NSA chief claimed that his agency’s phone and internet surveillance programs had stopped “dozens” of acts of terrorism, and the FBI director added that, had the programs been in place at the time, the government could have also prevented the 9/11 attacks. What do you think?

“They don’t have to convince me. I’ll support anything!”
Lee Walczuk –
Cheesemaker

“It comforts me to know there’s a horrifying reason for my total loss of privacy.”
Vinita Eddy –
Systems Analyst

“Shit, yeah! Three cheers for the NSA!”
Clementine Cooper –
Vegan Chef

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

If he says it's ok, it must be ok

Post by howard »

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

So this Snowden fellow wasn't directly employed by the US Government - he worked for a contractor.

A contractor (Booz, Allen, Hamilton) that is now having to answer some uncomfortable questions...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/16/us/af ... d=all&_r=0
testy boxcar
Maude Lebowski

Post by testy boxcar »

I think the majority of people in defense agencies don't work directly for the government. My agency is about 85% contractors, 5% military, and 10% government employees.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

testy boxcar wrote:I think the majority of people in defense agencies don't work directly for the government. My agency is about 85% contractors, 5% military, and 10% government employees.
Does this not create a potential conflict of interest? (Speaking theoretically - no disrespect intended)

In that article in the Times, it was mentioned that Booz, Hamilton is setting up the surveillance infrastructure in the U.A.E. It just seems odd to me that the same company could be partially responsible for the security of a number of nations.
testy boxcar
Maude Lebowski

Post by testy boxcar »

Pruitt wrote:
testy boxcar wrote:I think the majority of people in defense agencies don't work directly for the government. My agency is about 85% contractors, 5% military, and 10% government employees.
Does this not create a potential conflict of interest? (Speaking theoretically - no disrespect intended)
I've never thought so. As a contractor, I work for my customer. My customer just happens to be the DoD.

We all play for the same team, if that makes sense. I know it looks shocking that these private corps are making so much money off the gov, but it's actually saving money for the gov. If they were to replace every contractor with Civil Service, the gov would be spending roughly double on every employee than they do now, once you factor in benefits and retirement.

In conclusion: EISENHOWER WAS RIGHT.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

This debunks a whole passel of lies from obama, feinstein, alexander and the rest. Sure, they got plenty more lies, but this is a start.

3 Former NSA Employees Praise Edward Snowden, Corroborate Key Claims

Also explains why Snowden's act was 100% necessary.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

I won't reiterate the why but I despise pedos about as much as it is possible to despise pedos. Having said that . . .

This is pure planted damage control. "Look at the good we are doing!" Apparently, Homeland Security and Dateline NBC's "To Catch A Predator" are now indistinguishable.

Self-justifying feel-good story.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/cfp-us ... ainst-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The allofasudden uptick in spin stories validating the NSA/HS existence is unmistakable.

That particular story is a loud bellwether (for anyone that cares to notice).
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Scottie wrote:I won't reiterate the why but I despise pedos about as much as it is possible to despise pedos. Having said that . . .

This is pure planted damage control. "Look at the good we are doing!" Apparently, Homeland Security and Dateline NBC's "To Catch A Predator" are now indistinguishable.

Self-justifying feel-good story.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/us/cfp-us ... ainst-time" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The allofasudden uptick in spin stories validating the NSA/HS existence is unmistakable.

That particular story is a loud bellwether (for anyone that cares to notice).
It's an insult to the intelligence of any person who has intelligence, but I have no doubt that these spoon fed pieces of propaganda do influence people.

Daily Show did a nice piece focussing on news network's coverage of Snowden and of course, a number of stories took the US Magazine path. Because an issue this huge should come down to the fact that the whistleblower can't be trusted because he lied to his stripper girlfriend.

Sickening.
HDO45331
Brandt

Post by HDO45331 »

In regards to Snowden, a whistleblower is one thing. A person that downloads and distributes (maybe millions of) classified documents, is another thing. That is treasonous, and should be dealt with as such.
It's the sixth version of The Swamp. What could possibly go wrong?
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Yep. It would be. Except Snowden has not done that.

In fact, I have not seen a single document that Snowden has released, much less millions. All he has done is tell the world the illegal shit our government is doing. And exposed the lies the government has told us about the surveillance program. Lies under oath, before congress.

Oh, the government has told us he might have stolen millions of docs. Well, there is that claim. heh. sorry if I don't believe that bullshit.

Snowden is not a traitor, and has nod committed treason. No more nor less than Daniel Ellsberg ad the NY TImes of 1971.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Rams Fanny
Bunny Lebowski

Post by Rams Fanny »

Just to make sure the Swamp continues to have more integrity than the MM, we should point out that while he hasn't released millions, he has released some documents.

Personally, I don't consider his releasing documents treason if they prove the Government circumvented the Constitution and/or the same laws they are supposed to enforce. Or to put it another way: treasonously exposing our own Government's treason is not treason.
"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back." -Al Swearengen
howard
Karl Hungus

Please Release Some More Documents, My Man

Post by howard »

not until after they opened season on him. not until after charges were filed.

And, as far as I am concerned too, I am glad he did. I hope he reveals millions of documents. Because the shit the NSA did to obtain these 'secrets' was blatantly illegal, blatantly unconstitutional, and blatantly lied about to congress under oath by high officials.

You want to prosecute laws Snowden broke? Fine; just prosecute the laws the NSA broke.

Release all the documents you got. Please. Maybe that will wake people the fuck up, although I doubt it. There is nothing wrong with treason against an illegitimate government. We celebrate men who did exactly that, from Samuel Adams to Daniel Ellsburg.

Snowden committed Treason? Fucking great. I congratulate him! Now if only about a million of us are willing to behave in a treasonous manner against this government, we'd have a nice start.

Snowden's actions threaten the government. They do not threaten or diminish my safety; to the contrary, his actions benefit me directly. You too, any American citizen reading this--what he has done has helped you, whether you realize it or not. If you really think the government is helping you by preventing or punishing any single act he has committed that they call treason, you are deluded and wrong. All treason ain't the fucking same; all thing labeled 'treason' ain't fucking treason. If Diane Feinstein, Obama, Lindsay Graham and the rest, who have declared his guilt before there were even fucking charges, much less a trial, say he is a traitor, that only proves my fucking point.

I'm gonna miss details, because sifting through the media's lies for the chapter and verse truth takes a shitload of time and effort, which frankly is unnecessary for me personally at this point. For example, if there had been one single specific logical defense of the NSA activity as described by Snowden, I might be moved to consider the argument, 'wow, he is a dangerous, treasonous fellow'. But there hasn't. Just a smug, 'yeah, we did it; we lied about it before, but now you know we did it. And it doesn't matter' buried under a ton of bullshit to distract from and detract from the big message--What the NSA is doing, and the illegality of their acts. Just like Bradley Manning--what about the actual video he released, and the war crimes they proved? Forgotten by distraction, especially chapter and verse of this and that detail that matters if you are a real journalist, or a defense lawyer, but not to me as a citizen trying to swim out from under the oceans of bs.

But I digress. Sorry if I missed a pertinent detail. That'll happen, because I'll be fucked if I miss the big part that matters.

That was the logic of the wise judge in the Daniel Ellsburg case. Yeah, he likely violated the law; but the far worse repeated, consistent violations of law and constitution by the federal administration in pursuit of quashing the truth Ellsburg unleashed made proceeding with a trial a farcical joke. That is my logic here.

If this is treason, and it may well be, we need a fuck of a lot more. Just like resistance to other unjust laws and governments throughout history. One man's traitor is another man's freedom fighter, as even Reagan understood.

Oh, to be complete--
FUCK YOU NSA! STOP TRASHING THE CONSTITUTION, I'LL STOP THIS FLAVOR OF MY FREE SPEECH, FUCKHEADS!!!!!

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

On the BBC world service yesterday, the host asked a reporter about what would happen if the US Air Force sent a jet to force Snowden's plane to Cuba to make a landing.

The scary thing is that in light of what is going on, this did not seem like a ridiculous question.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

That would have to be on the orders of the president, not some arbitrary 4 star.

But no. Doesn't seem ridiculous at all.
howard
Karl Hungus

Rule of Law still deader than Generillisimo Franco

Post by howard »

US Announces Civil Charges Against CorzineHe steals a billion dollars, and nearly two years later is charged with civil 'misuse' of other peoples' money.

I put the wrong four-digit diagnosis code on a Medicare form, and I am threatened with criminal fraud charges.

Fuck this shit.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
DC47
Walter Sobchak

Re: Nixon did the exact same shit.

Post by DC47 »

howard wrote:I.R.S. Apologizes to Tea Party Groups Over Audits of Applications for Tax ExemptionThis is the perfect bookend to the White House coordinated nationwide suppression of the Occupy movement. There is a difference between Obama and Nixon--Dick famously went out to talk with the college kids protesting the war, instead of sending bulldozers to clear them out.
And see what that got Dick.

Barry +1
howard
Karl Hungus

Only 'cause he is sitting in the Oval Office

Post by howard »

This is not about the current administration per se; this is just another reminder of what our central government has become (regardless of the figurehead). A state which arrogates to itself the power to murder anyone it wishes; for whatever reason it chooses. This is an authoritarian state, running wildly out of control. A sad truth, but a truth undeniable by rational consideration of the facts available to us. Hence the secrecy.

FBI Document--"[DELETED" Plots To Kill Occupy Leaders "If Deemed Necessary"

(Just aim for the long-haired young white guys, please?)

This is not the first FOIA disclosed FBI memo on this exact same topic. And we all know such murder would hardly crack the top ten most fucked-up thing the FBI has ever done, much less the list for the full security state apparatus.

Shit is Fucked Up and Bullshit.

ImageImage

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Just one more. (Think of the tiny percentage of stories and items that exist, documenting the rise of our police state, that I choose to post. A fraction of 1%.)

You don't want the po-po to track your movements? Just turn off your celly. Um, maybe not:

License-Plate Readers Let Police Collect Millions of Records on Drivers

I saw a cop using one of these yesterday, first I've ever seen. Just driving up the avenue, recording every parked car, feeding into the database. Just in case. For my protection, no doubt.

Fuck em.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

howard wrote:Just one more. (Think of the tiny percentage of stories and items that exist, documenting the rise of our police state, that I choose to post. A fraction of 1%.)

You don't want the po-po to track your movements? Just turn off your celly. Um, maybe not:

License-Plate Readers Let Police Collect Millions of Records on Drivers

I saw a cop using one of these yesterday, first I've ever seen. Just driving up the avenue, recording every parked car, feeding into the database. Just in case. For my protection, no doubt.

Fuck em.
This is the kind of thing that concerns me a lot. In many of these issues, whether it be facial recognition or license plate recording or warrantless gps tracking, the searches are justified on the ground that the information being recorded is publicly available anyway, for example, anyone walking down the street can see your car or your face. But the difference is that with automatic recording, compilation, and analysis, and with infinite storage, the data being gathered through these methods goes light-years beyond what could otherwise be gathered using the old-fashioned methods of police observation. And I don't think the judges who have been making these decisions are really tuned in to technology and what it can do.

I do think that the trend is starting to turn, and that things like this are more likely to be found illegal under the Fourth Amendment. Or, Congress will step in, like it did with the Wiretap Act, and set standards. But it is going to be a long, frightening road between here and there.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Steve of phpBB wrote:I do think that the trend is starting to turn, and that things like this are more likely to be found illegal under the Fourth Amendment. Or, Congress will step in, like it did with the Wiretap Act, and set standards.
From your lips. Um, your fingertips and keyboard I guess.

Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…