"I Did It"

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

howard
Karl Hungus

"I Did It"

Post by howard »

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
cerrano
The Big Lebowski

Re: "I Did It"

Post by cerrano »

are suspensions usually without pay? i would imagine so, but every outlet is almost putting that fact in their lede.
Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World Wade Boggs Carpet World
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

What are the chances this suspension happens if the Brewers are 58-41 instead of 41-58? 0.01 percent? 0.0001 percent? I'm going to scream at the first dipshit talking head who praises Braun for "taking his punishment like a man". It's not so bad to get a two-month unpaid vacation when you have zero chance at the playoffs and still have $100M of salary guaranteed for the rest of your contract.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

cerrano wrote:are suspensions usually without pay? i would imagine so, but every outlet is almost putting that fact in their lede.
Someone mentioned on Twitter that his lost pay would equate to 560,000 bacon grilled cheese sandwiches served at Miller Park. That's a lot of bacon.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

If this means the Yankees get to lose A-Rod's contract, I'm all for it.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

I love when your righteous indignation comes back to slap you in the face. Last year this is what he said after successfully beating the 50 game suspension on a technicality:
I truly believe in my heart and I would bet my life that this substance never entered my body at any point.
But he's still going to get paid a ridiculous amount of money until 2020.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Does one commend a person who tells the truth in a difficult situation? Or does one think about how many lies that person told previously?
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Pruitt wrote:Does one commend a person who tells the truth in a difficult situation? Or does one think about how many lies that person told previously?
In this guy's case? Fuck and no. He should have come clean when his piss was pinged the first time. Instead, he hid behind the technicality that his urine wasn't sent out immediately (it was sent out after the weekend) and thus could have been tampered with. Then he plays victim like someone set him up and spouts that bullshit I quoted. If the dude had one ounce of integrity he would have manned up immediately and said something to the tune of "Despite the fact that my urine could have been tampered with, it probably wasn't. I did use an illegal substance for [X reason]. It was stupid of me and I will accept whatever punishment is necessary." Now he's spun up in this Biogenesis nonsense? The dude deserved more than the rest of the season.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Pruitt wrote:Does one commend a person who tells the truth in a difficult situation? Or does one think about how many lies that person told previously?
The latter.

I hate this dynamic so fucking much. I think it is much more pervasive, and much more acceptable in recent decades than previously. Not just in sports, or in the public view, but throughout society. Yet another bad sign.

As boxing promoter Bob Arum once protested, defending his credibility and explaining why a reporter should believe what he was saying; "yesterday I was lying; today I'm telling you the truth".
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Yeah, that's my feeling as well.

His previous denials (like so many) were reminiscent of Groucho Mark: "Who are you going to believe, me or your own lying eyes?"
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote:What are the chances this suspension happens if the Brewers are 58-41 instead of 41-58? 0.01 percent? 0.0001 percent? I'm going to scream at the first dipshit talking head who praises Braun for "taking his punishment like a man". It's not so bad to get a two-month unpaid vacation when you have zero chance at the playoffs and still have $100M of salary guaranteed for the rest of your contract.

I'd say 100%. MLB absolutely HATES Braun at this point.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

I would use the same PEDs, but I wouldn't have douched it up as much as he did last year. At least I don't think I would have.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Icepenis wrote:
I would use the same PEDs, but I wouldn't have douched it up as much as he did last year. At least I don't think I would have.
You would have released a youtube video called "PED Safety Tips"
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Icepenis wrote:
brian wrote:What are the chances this suspension happens if the Brewers are 58-41 instead of 41-58? 0.01 percent? 0.0001 percent? I'm going to scream at the first dipshit talking head who praises Braun for "taking his punishment like a man". It's not so bad to get a two-month unpaid vacation when you have zero chance at the playoffs and still have $100M of salary guaranteed for the rest of your contract.

I get that, but I'm saying Braun would have fought it like all of the other Biogenesis patients and he probably would have been able to be suspended at the beginning of 2014 (if at all) like the rest of them. There's nothing noble about him taking his punishment now when the season is already lost.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

brian wrote:
Icepenis wrote:

I get that, but I'm saying Braun would have fought it like all of the other Biogenesis patients and he probably would have been able to be suspended at the beginning of 2014 (if at all) like the rest of them. There's nothing noble about him taking his punishment now when the season is already lost.
Also, Braun will be making significantly more money per season when his extension kicks in next year, so he stands to lose less if suspended this season.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

brian wrote:It's not so bad to get a two-month unpaid vacation when you have zero chance at the playoffs and still have $100M of salary guaranteed for the rest of your contract.
rass wrote:Also, Braun will be making significantly more money per season when his extension kicks in next year, so he stands to lose less if suspended this season.
Don't forget, he's also due $4.5 mil from Aaron Rodgers
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

brian wrote:
Icepenis wrote:

Ahhhh. Got it. I misunderstood you.

Yeah, he may have fought it in that case.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

It definitely reeks of a settlement. " I'll take the rest of the year off if you agree that this is my only suspension related to this."
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

AB_skin_test wrote:It definitely reeks of a settlement. " I'll take the rest of the year off if you agree that this is my only suspension related to this."

That's because it was a settlement.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

ZMan wrote:
brian wrote:It's not so bad to get a two-month unpaid vacation when you have zero chance at the playoffs and still have $100M of salary guaranteed for the rest of your contract.
rass wrote:Also, Braun will be making significantly more money per season when his extension kicks in next year, so he stands to lose less if suspended this season.
Don't forget, he's also due $4.5 mil from Aaron Rodgers

Maybe Aaron Rodgers and Braun made a "loser sucks the winner's dick" bet on the steroid thing and now Braun has to suck Aaron Rodgers's dick, although Braun claims that he doesn't have to since he didn't get suspended last year and they have to, like, take it to an arbitrator.

If I were God and I could make things happen, I would totally do stuff like that.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Apparently Ryan Braun is about to die. After all, he "bet his life" that "this substance" never entered his body. (0:49)

Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Ryan Braun wrote:This situation has taken a toll on me and my entire family, and it is has been a distraction to my teammates and the Brewers organization.
That was the "I call shenanigans" moment for me. It's taken a toll on you? Damn, you caused all of this. Typically, I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt since athletes tend to be limited in eloquence or even simple articulation and Braun may have simply chosen words poorly. But in this case? Nah. That reeks of audacity and self-sentimentality. This is a guy who got lucky last year when a 50-game suspension was effectively thrown out on a technicality yet he forged ahead anyway.

Why take the full suspension this season? For starters, his salary goes up to $10 million next year and serving time in 2014 would cost him about half a million dollars more. All depends on the meaning of "toll", I suppose.
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus