2017 NFL Offseason

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

brian
The Dude

Re: 2017 NFL Offseason

Post by brian »

Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Marshawn to come out of retirement and play for the Raiders. Trade pending, according to my push notifications.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Johnny Carwash
The Dude

Post by Johnny Carwash »

And there you go:

Fanniebug wrote: P.S. rass! Dont write me again, dude! You're in ignore list!
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

There goes Brady, playing the "my mom is battling cancer" excuse again, just like the guy who won Survivor last season.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

It would be even more cynical if Giselle told him to do that to protect his brand too.

In other Pats news, they extended White 3 years, offered Gillislee from Buffalo a contract on a 5th round tender that Buffalo doesn't look to be matching, Butler signed his tender which may enable a trade, they re-signed Lengel, and released Tre Jackson.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Johnnie wrote:It would be even more cynical if Giselle told him to do that to protect his brand too.

In other Pats news, they extended White 3 years, offered Gillislee from Buffalo a contract on a 5th round tender that Buffalo doesn't look to be matching, Butler signed his tender which may enable a trade, they re-signed Lengel, and released Tre Jackson.
And will release LeGarrette (Smokina) Blount, if Buffalo doesn't match on Gillislee.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

Haaaaaa.

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

No Spicey, that was not cool.

Fuck Gronk for playing nice with moron Goebbels.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt wrote:No Spicey, that was not cool.

Weirdly, that's still an insult to Goebbels., which is still kind of gross to think about.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:

Weirdly, that's still an insult to Goebbels., which is still kind of gross to think about.
Yeah - to me, it's beyond fun and games and "look at me goofing at the White House." I HATED W and his administration, but I could certainly understand celebrities' excitement at being invited to the White House for a ceremony.

But these guys are just so far beyond the pale that in my mind, playing nice with them taints a person beyond all scrubbing.

(And by "these guys," I meant Trump and his lackeys. Don;t want to piss off any Pats fans here.)
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Ryan
The Dude

Post by Ryan »

I mean, he did interrupt the guy and ask if he, a known bumbling idiot, needed any help doing his job. I don't know anything about Gronk's politics or that he can even think that far ahead but if someone like Letterman did the same exact thing, we'd go "Ha, good one!"
he’s a fixbking cyborg or some shit. The

holy fuckbAllZ, what a ducking nightmare. Holy shot. Just, fuck. The
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

brian wrote:

Yeah, because Goebbels was actually good at his job.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Ryan wrote:I mean, he did interrupt the guy and ask if he, a known bumbling idiot, needed any help doing his job. I don't know anything about Gronk's politics or that he can even think that far ahead but if someone like Letterman did the same exact thing, we'd go "Ha, good one!"
I think it's easy to envision a scenario where Gronk was tooling on Spicer (and legitimately meant it.)
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

brian wrote:
Ryan wrote:I mean, he did interrupt the guy and ask if he, a known bumbling idiot, needed any help doing his job. I don't know anything about Gronk's politics or that he can even think that far ahead but if someone like Letterman did the same exact thing, we'd go "Ha, good one!"
I think it's easy to envision a scenario where Gronk was tooling on Spicer (and legitimately meant it.)
Oh...

I hate Spicer so much that in my knee jerk anger, I never thought of that.

If he puts bunny ears behind trump, than I'm back on board.
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Johnnie wrote:Haaaaaa.

Why is the White House talking in first-person singular?
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Same reason the White House is using unnecessary commas.

Staffed by fucking morons.

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

"It is White House, policy to only identify, the men in photographs."
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Gunpowder
The Dude

Post by Gunpowder »

To be fair, who knows which one this could have been for Belichick.
Pack a vest for your james in the city of intercourse
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

Pretty depressing read.

I was just thinking the other day during a discussion about the high rate of ALS among former NFL players, that the game is barbaric the league is an example of so much that is wrong with capitalism, and practically everything about the NFL smacks of high-grade hypocrisy.

Yet I still consume the product.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Pruitt wrote:
Yet I still consume the product.
I am very actively considering giving up the NFL. I feel kind of "icky" reading all the stories about how beat up/concussed/ALS/CTE the players are afterwards. I also hate how its become a year-round thing.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Join the club. You don't miss it and get to be a pretentious dick to your friends who still do follow.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

mister d wrote:Join the club. You don't miss it and get to be a pretentious dick to your friends who still do follow.
Giving up College football will be much more difficult then dumping the NFL.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I read an interesting story on Deadspin. It seems that a player who is expected to go in the first round of Thursday’s NFL draft has been accused of sexual assault. But, the police are dragging their feet on getting the report filed. It appears they are possibly doing so in an effort to shield the player's identity until after the draft. Hmm???
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

sancarlos wrote:I read an interesting story on Deadspin. It seems that a player who is expected to go in the first round of Thursday’s NFL draft has been accused of sexual assault. But, the police are dragging their feet on getting the report filed. It appears they are possibly doing so in an effort to shield the player's identity until after the draft. Hmm???

I don't believe anything Carl Monday reports. He's one of the local ambush TV reporters.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote:
sancarlos wrote:I read an interesting story on Deadspin. It seems that a player who is expected to go in the first round of Thursday’s NFL draft has been accused of sexual assault. But, the police are dragging their feet on getting the report filed. It appears they are possibly doing so in an effort to shield the player's identity until after the draft. Hmm???
I don't believe anything Carl Monday reports. He's one of the local ambush TV reporters.
I didn't notice it was him! He did clean up that nasty library masturbation problem though, didn't he?
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
blundercrush
Brandt

Post by blundercrush »

DaveInSeattle wrote:
mister d wrote:Join the club. You don't miss it and get to be a pretentious dick to your friends who still do follow.
Giving up College football will be much more difficult then dumping the NFL.
I watch the Seahawks with friends occasionally and technically play fantasy football with them (filthy casual league is a minor understatement), but otherwise am pretty checked out of the whole thing. giving up college football is basically impossible for me. Go Huskies.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Seconded.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

There's also the Jabrill Peppers "failed piss test" nonsense going on. He's basically ultra hydrated to the point that be pissed a sample that cannot be properly tested. It's diluted. But because it isn't a passing test, it's talked as though it's a failure. So now his draft stock is tumbling.

Also, this went down today:

Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

A_B wrote:

Okay, I just read the updated story with the police report quoted.

I am never one to downplay a woman's claims of sexual assault, and yes, this fits that criteria.

But...
According to the report, the accuser says she met Conley in an elevator and he asked her to have a foursome with another friend of his. The woman says she declined and offered to watch the other people have sex instead.

A short time later, the woman says Conley unbuttoned her pants and began to have sex with her. She claims she said, “No, stop, it hurts!” but he kept going until he finished. She says he then kicked her out of the hotel room.

The woman called 911 and described her assailant as a “black male who wouldn’t take his sunglasses off and had an Ohio State tattoo on his left forearm.”

The woman says she went to a local hospital where a rape kit was administered. But she refused to speak to cops afterward.
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

Johnnie wrote:There's also the Jabrill Peppers "failed piss test" nonsense going on. He's basically ultra hydrated to the point that be pissed a sample that cannot be properly tested. It's diluted. But because it isn't a passing test, it's talked as though it's a failure. So now his draft stock is tumbling./
I also recently did not pass a piss test for new job, due to a diluted sample. I did pass the second test, however I too am expecting my NFL draft stock to plummet as a result.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

A piss test in Colorado? Wow.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Rush2112 wrote:A piss test in Colorado? Wow.

He didn't say it was to determine if he had or hadn't been torching up. And I assume I'm dating myself with "torching up".
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Rush2112
The Dude

Post by Rush2112 »

It's all wax, vapes, and ball bearings these days.
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
phxgators
Bunny Lebowski

Post by phxgators »

Rush2112 wrote:A piss test in Colorado? Wow.
Defense companies... not exactly your most progressive of businesses
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

House Cleaning in Orchard Park

GM Doug Whaley, entire scouting staff canned.

I;'d say that I heartily endorse this move, but why on earth was it done AFTER the draft and not before?

So Buffalo...
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Pruitt wrote:House Cleaning in Orchard Park

GM Doug Whaley, entire scouting staff canned.

I;'d say that I heartily endorse this move, but why on earth was it done AFTER the draft and not before?

So Buffalo...
To not reveal their draft board to the other teams who hire those guys. Scouts are usually let go right after the draft for this reason, the GM is the odd part.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

That makes sense.

The rebuilding continues in Buffalo - 18 years and counting.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I'm pleased that the Broncos signed Jamaal Charles. I know he is very injury prone, but it's a one-year deal at an affordable price. The guy is a beast if he is healthy, and he'll be a good influence on the younger Denver backs.