I Want a New Drug (Krokodil not cutting it)

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

The Sybian
The Dude

I Want a New Drug (Krokodil not cutting it)

Post by The Sybian »

Anyone ever heard of this new drug out of Russia? Essentially a homemade heroin replacement, it is codeine cut with gasoline, lighter fluid or paint thinner. Injected. I'm not a doctor, but injecting gasoline, lighter fluid or paint thinner directly into your veins can't be good. The average lifespan of a user in Russia is one year after first trying it, as it rots your flesh and tendons from the inside out. If anyone has the stomach to look at 7 pictures of users, l'll link them here. These make meth pictures look like yearbook pics. The first couple aren't bad, but the last one may be the worst thing I have ever seen on a living person. And I've seen pics of napalm victims. FFS, what makes anyone want to try this drug? Or meth, for that matter. Meth doesn't sound like a fun high to me, and you know it is insanely addictive, so what is the appeal? Heroin I can sort of understand. Cocaine and ecstasy I totally get, though neither was anything I felt the need to actively seek out, but I can see how someone gets hooked on either, especially ecstasy.

But back to krokodil (pronounced crocodile), it is so named due to the look of users' skin, which not only looks scaly due to rotting, but can actually turn green. Super.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Re: I Want a New Drug (Krokodil not cutting it)

Post by kranepool »

What's the ratio of codeine to paint thinner? Asking for a friend.
mini puke to 1,558
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

kranepool wrote:What's the ratio of codeine to paint thinner? Asking for a friend.
I'd suggest trial and error. Keep changing it up until you find a balance you like. I mean your friend likes. Start high on paint thinner and ween it down from there. Have your friend send us some selfies over the next couple of months.
-Pruitt
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Naaaaaaaah, I ain't clicking on that link. I read about this "flesh-eating" drug a little bit this morning. Thankfully the photos were mild. It was an article about how the DEA is denying that it is in the US. Yet, apparently, it is in the US. Some places in Arizona and Illinois reported finding it.
The Sybian wrote:But back to krokodil (pronounced crocodile), it is so named due to the look of users' skin, which not only looks scaly due to rotting, but can actually turn green. Super.
The upside is that we'll know who has been using it.

I don't even want to imagine the sorry and desperate shape someone would have to be in to even consider trying krocodil. If I recall, the Russian word for idiot is actually "idiot".
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
Joe K
Walter Sobchak

Post by Joe K »

The Sybian wrote:Anyone ever heard of this new drug out of Russia? Essentially a homemade heroin replacement, it is codeine cut with gasoline, lighter fluid or paint thinner. Injected. I'm not a doctor, but injecting gasoline, lighter fluid or paint thinner directly into your veins can't be good. The average lifespan of a user in Russia is one year after first trying it, as it rots your flesh and tendons from the inside out. If anyone has the stomach to look at 7 pictures of users, l'll link them here. These make meth pictures look like yearbook pics. The first couple aren't bad, but the last one may be the worst thing I have ever seen on a living person. And I've seen pics of napalm victims. FFS, what makes anyone want to try this drug? Or meth, for that matter. Meth doesn't sound like a fun high to me, and you know it is insanely addictive, so what is the appeal? Heroin I can sort of understand. Cocaine and ecstasy I totally get, though neither was anything I felt the need to actively seek out, but I can see how someone gets hooked on either, especially ecstasy.

But back to krokodil (pronounced crocodile), it is so named due to the look of users' skin, which not only looks scaly due to rotting, but can actually turn green. Super.
I've read some stories about krokodil, and seen some images of addicts, and they are horrifying. Also, the withdrawal symptoms are supposedly brutal. The only reason I can think of why people would start using it is that it's supposedly like 1/10 the price of heroin. Maybe if you're a heroin addict and you run out of money, you turn to krokodil? But yeah, to Scottie's point, I can't imagine the level of desperation you have to feel to literally rot your flesh down to the bone to chase a high.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Joe K wrote: I've read some stories about krokodil, and seen some images of addicts, and they are horrifying. Also, the withdrawal symptoms are supposedly brutal. The only reason I can think of why people would start using it is that it's supposedly like 1/10 the price of heroin. Maybe if you're a heroin addict and you run out of money, you turn to krokodil? But yeah, to Scottie's point, I can't imagine the level of desperation you have to feel to literally rot your flesh down to the bone to chase a high.
Not only is it a tenth of the price, but apparently there is a severe shortage of heroin in Russia, so even addicts with money can't always get it, so resort to krokodil. I'll stick to beer, scotch and bourbon, thanks. If anyone clicked on those images, I can't stop thinking about the last one. How the fuck does someone walk around with that kind of wound? Holy fuck.
-Pruitt
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Scottie wrote:If I recall, the Russian word for idiot is actually "idiot".

Actually it is Doo-rahk. I only know thus because I used to play a Russian card game with my friend Jane Martinovsky and the game was called Doo-rahk which was Russian for idiot.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

The Sybian wrote:
Joe K wrote: I've read some stories about krokodil, and seen some images of addicts, and they are horrifying. Also, the withdrawal symptoms are supposedly brutal. The only reason I can think of why people would start using it is that it's supposedly like 1/10 the price of heroin. Maybe if you're a heroin addict and you run out of money, you turn to krokodil? But yeah, to Scottie's point, I can't imagine the level of desperation you have to feel to literally rot your flesh down to the bone to chase a high.
Not only is it a tenth of the price, but apparently there is a severe shortage of heroin in Russia, so even addicts with money can't always get it, so resort to krokodil. I'll stick to beer, scotch and bourbon, thanks. If anyone clicked on those images, I can't stop thinking about the last one. How the fuck does someone walk around with that kind of wound? Holy fuck.
Sybian is George Thorogood!
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

AB_skin_test wrote:
The Sybian wrote:
Sybian is George Thorogood!
Please, I was John Lee Hooker way before I was George Thorogood.
-Pruitt
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

bfj wrote:
Scottie wrote:If I recall, the Russian word for idiot is actually "idiot".

Actually it is Doo-rahk. I only know thus because I used to play a Russian card game with my friend Jane Martinovsky and the game was called Doo-rahk which was Russian for idiot.

I played a lot of Doo-rahk when I was in Russia. I don't remember the specifics, but it was a lot like the American game Asshole, but even less complicated iirc. The Russian word "idiot" is probably more apropos. Doo-rahk is more like fool, or moron in the medical sense.
-Pruitt
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

bfj wrote:Actually it is Doo-rahk. I only know thus because I used to play a Russian card game with my friend Jane Martinovsky and the game was called Doo-rahk which was Russian for idiot.
Okay. I was basing it on the title of the Dostoevsky novel "The Idiot" (Идиот).
Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

kranepool wrote:What's the ratio of codeine to paint thinner? Asking for a friend.
Cracking me up.

I'd make this my sig, except I need a reminder to keep track of Jets' wins this year.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Syb, you had me at "homemade heroin replacement." Where do I sign up?
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

The Sybian wrote:Anyone ever heard of this new drug out of Russia? Essentially a homemade heroin replacement, it is codeine cut with gasoline, lighter fluid or paint thinner. Injected. I'm not a doctor, but injecting gasoline, lighter fluid or paint thinner directly into your veins can't be good. The average lifespan of a user in Russia is one year after first trying it, as it rots your flesh and tendons from the inside out. If anyone has the stomach to look at 7 pictures of users, l'll link them here. These make meth pictures look like yearbook pics. The first couple aren't bad, but the last one may be the worst thing I have ever seen on a living person. And I've seen pics of napalm victims. FFS, what makes anyone want to try this drug? Or meth, for that matter. Meth doesn't sound like a fun high to me, and you know it is insanely addictive, so what is the appeal? Heroin I can sort of understand. Cocaine and ecstasy I totally get, though neither was anything I felt the need to actively seek out, but I can see how someone gets hooked on either, especially ecstasy.

All I see is crying Van Der Beek. That's scary enough.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

govmentchedda wrote:
All I see is crying Van Der Beek. That's scary enough.

If you go on HuffPo and type krokodil into the search box, it'll come up. Maybe this link will work. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/2 ... 96325.html

I'd post the pics, but don't want to disturb anyone not able to handle shit like this. Also, NSFW as their is a gif of a topless woman in one of the images.
-Pruitt
BSF21
The Dude

Post by BSF21 »

As a general rule pics like that don't phase me after seeing coroner pictures for 3 years and 4 years of CJC work in college, but DAYUM.

My question (to Doc) is how do you not succumb to massive systemic infection with wounds like that? Is it just due to the fact that there is no healthy tissue to infect since it just becomes necrotic? I'm fascinated by the medical science behind this.
Dances with Wolves (1) - BSF

"This place was rockin'," said BSF21.

"There is nothing ever uncommon about BSF21."
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

BSF21 wrote:As a general rule pics like that don't phase me after seeing coroner pictures for 3 years and 4 years of CJC work in college, but DAYUM.

My question (to Doc) is how do you not succumb to massive systemic infection with wounds like that? Is it just due to the fact that there is no healthy tissue to infect since it just becomes necrotic? I'm fascinated by the medical science behind this.

I was wondering the same thing.
-Pruitt
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Fuck if I'm clicking on those pics, unless I'm being paid to.

Guessing with my eyes closed, yes massive systemic infection is the usual mode of exit. Amazing how long young bodies can hold out.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

I think I'll stick with crying Van Der Beek, thanks.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

howard wrote:Fuck if I'm clicking on those pics, unless I'm being paid to.

Guessing with my eyes closed, yes massive systemic infection is the usual mode of exit. Amazing how long young bodies can hold out.
Can't stand the site of blood, eh Doc? Seriously though, that last picture must be seen.
-Pruitt
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

I got coaxed into looking at the krokodil pictures while I was watching the game at the bar - they weren't as bad as I thought they would be. I was expecting some fucked up face damage.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated