A non-majors Golf Thread for 2023 and beyond

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

mister d
The Dude

Re: A non-majors Golf Thread for 2023 and beyond

Post by mister d »

That guy should have dug himself a hole right there and ended it all.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Yeah it could have been an honest mistake, but still...no coming back from that.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Jeez, now I have to start liking him?
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

mister d wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:49 am That guy should have dug himself a hole right there and ended it all.
Was he a journalist critical of MBS?
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Wow. Just saw a piece of video from Louisville. The police report is a felony in terms of false reporting.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:21 am Wow. Just saw a piece of video from Louisville. The police report is a felony in terms of false reporting.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

A police report inaccurate? Next your going to tell me the police get on the witness stand and lie.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

Maybe we're not seeing the total thing, but what I saw was so far from what was in the report (cop dragged, ruined his pants, etc etc)... It's really baffling the DA hasn't dropped the felony charges. What a fucking clown shop.
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

Par for the course.

(It was right there, people.)
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

The cop getting dragged to the ground always sounded weird to me...was he he holding onto the door handle or something? Nonetheless, if that did happen, it looks like it would have been right before this, because he's running from behind and clearly pissed off.

And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I'm also calling bullshit on this being some "cuh-RAZY" situation because someone got run over. Not trying to be a total prick, but cops deal with accidents and death fairly regularly. This guy was directing traffic. He wasn't in the middle of an active shooter situation.

Just kind of annoying that the coverage is making this sound like the atmosphere was all jacked up. Bullshit.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

Jerloma wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:05 pm The cop getting dragged to the ground always sounded weird to me...was he he holding onto the door handle or something? Nonetheless, if that did happen, it looks like it would have been right before this, because he's running from behind and clearly pissed off.

Obligatory FUCK PORTNOY AND BARSTOOL...

Diana Moskovitz has a long piece about this nonsense over at the Defector this morning...[gift link included]...

Louisville Police Have Very Little To Say
Thursday's Louisville Metro Police Department news dump on their arrest of PGA golfer Scottie Scheffler last week began with spokesperson Sgt. Matt Sanders giving a quick plan for "today's run of show." The mayor would talk. The police chief would talk. No questions would be taken at the lectern. All questions were to be emailed afterward to the public information office. And at the end, several documents and videos would be released on LMPD's "forward-facing transparency page," a.k.a. a website. (Documents from the arresting officer's personnel file later would be published by WDRB journalist Jason Riley; more on that later.)
The cop in question is a real piece of work...
Later that day, WDRB's Jason Riley shared snippets from Gillis's personnel file, including that Gillis once was suspended for five days for doing donuts while on duty in his police car, with a drunk civilian passenger.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Supposedly the Louisville PD wanted to make it contingent on them not getting sued but they don’t really seem to have much leverage.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

The fact that his body camera wasn't on... I"m not saying it's suspicious, but it sure as hell was a huge factor in them dropping this case.

I also wonder if they were able to interview witnesses who did not see what the police report stated. You've got at least a half dozen vehicles right there with nothing to do but stare out their window.

I'm also a little curious why no one from the media was able to dig around on that front. Or that no one that saw it go down posted on social media or something.

Just an odd situation all around.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I could see a situation where the media did reach out and no one wanted to put their name on what they saw. Stop snitchin' isn't just about the bloods and crips.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

mister d wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:24 pm I could see a situation where the media did reach out and no one wanted to put their name on what they saw. Stop snitchin' isn't just about the bloods and crips.
Cops have been known to remember who snitched, too.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
Brontoburglar
The Dude

Post by Brontoburglar »

Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:15 pm The fact that his body camera wasn't on... I"m not saying it's suspicious, but it sure as hell was a huge factor in them dropping this case.

I also wonder if they were able to interview witnesses who did not see what the police report stated. You've got at least a half dozen vehicles right there with nothing to do but stare out their window.

I'm also a little curious why no one from the media was able to dig around on that front. Or that no one that saw it go down posted on social media or something.

there was a widely-shared interview with ESPN's Bob Wischusen about what he saw from inside the car that Jeff Darlington was in
"We're not the smartest people in the world. We go down the straightaway and turn left. That's literally what we do." -- Clint Bowyer
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

I can also a prosecutor saying, "yeah not worth the time, effort, or reputation on a non-gimmie putt".
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

Brontoburglar wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 3:23 pm
Nonlinear FC wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:15 pm The fact that his body camera wasn't on... I"m not saying it's suspicious, but it sure as hell was a huge factor in them dropping this case.

there was a widely-shared interview with ESPN's Bob Wischusen about what he saw from inside the car that Jeff Darlington was in
I had seen this, but I probably am not a good barometer of how widely the story was covered.
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

I mean, normally I'd thank you for sharing an article I hadn't seen, but your tone kind of sucks, so... NOPE!

(I'm paying a moderate amount of attention and I hit a number of sports-focused web sites on a daily basis and hadn't seen that, so, in all seriousness, thanks for sharing.)
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Yes the US Women’s Open is technically a major, but then again, so was the PGA Championship

mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

That was pretty casual.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

Randy was way cooler. I thought it was gonna be 10ft off the tee holding driver.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

Still, though, what a precision strike.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

That reminds me of a very George Constanza like moment when I was in 6th grade. A couple of buddies and I were tossing the football around the backyard. One of them (who went on to start at QB for Texas Tech for a couple seasons) was looking down at something we couldn't see from our side and not throwing the ball back. Before we had a chance to say something, he threw the ball about 20 feet to the ground and all we saw from the other side of the yard was an explosion of feathers. He immediately began bawling and yelling "why didn't it move?! I thought it would move!!"
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

I hit a goose last time I played. It deserved it.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:31 pm I hit a goose last time I played. It deserved it.
That's what it gets for being in those tall weeds!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A_B wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 3:31 pm I hit a goose last time I played. It deserved it.
Anthony Edwards getting killed, then disrespected.
“The running, the jumping... a celebration of life.”
Rex
The Dude

Post by Rex »

Yeah I hit a bird on a golf course once. Maybe next time it’ll think twice about sitting inside the cup.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

Rex wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:26 pm Yeah I hit a bird on a golf course once. Maybe next time it’ll think twice about sitting inside the cup.
That is a pretty safe spot for most golfers.
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Rex wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 7:26 pm Yeah I hit a bird on a golf course once. Maybe next time it’ll think twice about sitting inside the cup.
I hit a guy in the head on a golf course once. From at least 200 yards away.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

wlu_lax6 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:00 am
That is a pretty safe spot for most golfers.
Indeed!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

My grandfather was an eye doctor and once while I was staying with them (Highland Park) he had to leave to go perform emergency surgery on a dude that got blasted in the peeper on a golf course.

/random shit
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

govmentchedda wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:01 amI hit a guy in the head on a golf course once. From at least 200 yards away.
Was on the other side of this but in the middle of my upper back while walking off the green. It ended up within like 10 feet of the hole but fuck that guy for not yelling anything so I picked it up and threw it off the green. It really hurt.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

It’s a double dick move!
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

D telling in himself for playing like Kevin Na.