The 420 Thread

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

Keg
The Big Lebowski

The 420 Thread

Post by Keg »

Cops confiscate two pound joint at UC Santa Cruz party:

http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/04/23/Cops ... t=mps&or=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
Johnnie
The Dude

Re: The 420 Thread

Post by Johnnie »

This country is so winning the war on drugs.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
Steve of phpBB
The Dude

Post by Steve of phpBB »

You know they just smoked it themselves.
And his one problem is he didn’t go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

That looks like the Olympic Torch!
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Yes, exactly.

Your own personal AR-15 wielding Jesus
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

2 months without smoking. Longest I've gone since...ever.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

bfj wrote:2 months without smoking. Longest I've gone since...ever.
2 months without smoking . . . what?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Scottie wrote:
2 months without smoking . . . what?
Weed. I thought that would be obvious in the 420 thread. Since it is about smoking weed and all.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
DaveInSeattle
The Dude

Post by DaveInSeattle »

I'm at 8 months....just doesn't seem to be much of a thing here...
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

I'm working on about 2.5 hours right now.

What a bunch of dumb asses, and what a waste of weed.
Orange Whip? Orange Whip? Three Orange Whips!
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I have no idea how many years its been. Never a conscious effort to quit, just never did it again at some point. Weird. I'm sure I must have at some point after I started dating my wife, so maybe 8 years ago? Maybe? Crazy...
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

The Sybian wrote:I have no idea how many years its been. Never a conscious effort to quit, just never did it again at some point. Weird. I'm sure I must have at some point after I started dating my wife, so maybe 8 years ago? Maybe? Crazy...
Sounds like it's good thing you stopped when you did.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

The Sybian wrote:I have no idea how many years its been. Never a conscious effort to quit, just never did it again at some point. Weird. I'm sure I must have at some point after I started dating my wife, so maybe 8 years ago? Maybe? Crazy...
I'm at about two decades or so. I didn't stop smoking weed for any anti-weed reasons. Just wasn't into it any more. If anybody knows what hot-knives are, I'll be really really impressed.

Remember that story I posted a couple of years ago (maybe longer) about the bag of BC Hydroponic I found. Like two ounces or so? Only in British Columbia do you find a gigantic zip-lock bag of top notch. Damn, it was gorgeous, too, crystals on it like frost.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

I still smoke on rare occasions - usually when I visit an old friend, but I cut back to this level when my daughter was born. Gave away all my paraphernalia when she was just a few days old.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

rass wrote:
Sounds like it's good thing you stopped when you did.
I don't know, judging by that post, maybe I'd be better off if I was back on the pipe. Not that I have really had much opportunity, but I haven't had any desire at all. Now opiates... The desire there is another story.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

That's the really significant difference between alcohol and weed. Alcohol makes you forget about all of the terrible things you may or may not have done. Weed reminds you of, oh damn, I did all of those terrible things.
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

Scottie wrote:If anybody knows what hot-knives are, I'll be really really impressed.
One way to smoke hash. Always thought it was a pain in the ass. I found using a soldering gun, while slower, was a LOT easier with far less waste.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

ZMan wrote:
Scottie wrote:If anybody knows what hot-knives are, I'll be really really impressed.
One way to smoke hash. Always thought it was a pain in the ass. I found using a soldering gun, while slower, was a LOT easier with far less waste.
Hang on, hang on, hang on.

You found a soldering gun was easier than blades on a stove-top. Or a blow torch?

And a question. Ever cut a 2-litre pop bottle in half, fill it with ice, reverse it, tape it back together and use it as a filter?
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

Although there are good times. Completely out the door times.

The last three incidents of marajahoohoo smoking in which I indulged, and I'm blatantly particular about the quality, I'll only go for it if it is something special, like this is spectacular, goes as follows.

A Pat Metheny concert in Montreal on Thai weed. That was pretty much a religious experience.

Climbing a volcano on the big island in Hawaii on unknown possibly PCP-laced cone where people yelled at me "Dude! You've gotta come down". That's irony. that.

Weirdest thing. Doing hot knives; way fucked. A RCMP car pulls up in front of my door. Cop knocks on the front door. Haitian hash, bladed, completely fucked. Oh, hey, the cops showed up. Open kitchen window, throw everything in to the back yard. Wired. (They were at the wrong address, terrible timing, that simple, but fucking hell, eh?)

"Are you Sean McDonovan?"
"Me? No. I'm someone else."
"So who are you? Are you sure you're not Sean McDonovan?"
"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I am who I am."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

sancarlos wrote:I still smoke on rare occasions - usually when I visit an old friend, but I cut back to this level when my daughter was born. Gave away all my paraphernalia when she was just a few days old.
When I'm out there, I love picking out my goodies from the menu from the dispensary my sister frequents. Ice cream, ftw!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

Smoked a bit of the hash in Morocco recently. It was ok – didn't do terribly much for me. Kind of a mild high, the way they roll it in with tobacco. Probably for the best since they smoke it pretty much all the time. I haven't been smoking much here, but after damaging a few discs in my neck in a soccer incident on said trip, I made a healthy, informed, democratic decision to get back on the green as quickly as possible.
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Well, yeah. I was never a big weed/hash guy. But this method is used for opium. Which I was big on. Yeah, I'm a real piece of work. Long ago, and far away, thank goodness.
Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

howard wrote:
Well, yeah. I was never a big weed/hash guy. But this method is used for opium. Which I was big on. Yeah, I'm a real piece of work. Long ago, and far away, thank goodness.
fwiw - the one time I saw that method was with hash, 30+ years ago, and in Saskatchewan.
Shirley
The Dude

Post by Shirley »

The last week I smoked was the Saturday night before classes started in the fall of my freshman year of college. I don't really know why, but I decided to quit after that. Beer was easy to get in college, but my reasoning was that it still took more effort to get drunk than get high. You can get high in minutes, which just seemed too easy to me. I didn't trust myself.

I'd be happy to smoke again now, but I haven't had the opportunity in probably 20 years. My friends suck.
Totally Kafkaesque
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I still have a burn mark on my wrist from trying to stop a hot knife from hitting the ground. Doing knife hits was usually a 2 man job, one to burn it and the other to inhale it. Paper towel tubes were usually most efficient for not losing any smoke.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Dave touched on one of my reasons for losing some interest in it. In retrospect, it wasn't just about the high. Back in the olden days, there was a whole social ritual involved, (and, yes, I am quite old), which I miss. First, you put the pot on a flat surface (often, the inside of a two-disc album cover), and cleaned the seeds and stems out. Then you got out your zig zag paper, and carefully rolled your jay. Then, you fired up and passed it around with your friends, while you chatted. Of course it's all strong buds now and I don't know about you guys, but the stuff is so powerful nowadays that it immediately knocks me on my ass after one puff of a one-hitter or bong. Some much for social rituals.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

Shirley wrote:The last week I smoked was the Saturday night before classes started in the fall of my freshman year of college. I don't really know why, but I decided to quit after that. Beer was easy to get in college, but my reasoning was that it still took more effort to get drunk than get high. You can get high in minutes, which just seemed too easy to me. I didn't trust myself.

I'd be happy to smoke again now, but I haven't had the opportunity in probably 20 years. My friends suck.
Sorry I didn't call.
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Don't really miss weed, though I don't have very many opportunities to partake, but what I really miss is LSD. Not as a regular thing, but as a two or maybe three times a year type thing.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Where the hell do you find a rolling paper that big?
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
howard
Karl Hungus

Post by howard »

Who knows? Maybe, you were kidnapped, tied up, taken away and held for ransom.

Those days are gone forever
Over a long time ago
Oh yeah…
kranepool
Bunny Lebowski

Post by kranepool »

brian wrote:Don't really miss weed, though I don't have very many opportunities to partake, but what I really miss is LSD. Not as a regular thing, but as a two or maybe three times a year type thing.
Wicked deja vu here. I probably spoke to this before, but I dropped 4 times between '86 and '89, including once while camping and twice at Pink Floyd concerts. It was the greatest thing in the history of ever, but I could never go back. Too much of a good thing, and all that. The whole "every day further from your last trip, your that much closer to your next bad trip" mentality.

I freak myself out without drugs.

mini puke to 1,558
Jerloma
The Dude

Post by Jerloma »

Same here. I've done acid twice and then never did again because I just liked it way too damn much.
And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fat with fatness. - God
brian
The Dude

Post by brian »

Jerloma wrote:Same here. I've done acid twice and then never did again because I just liked it way too damn much.
We would do it like once a semester or so during college and it was like taking a two-week vacation over about 12 hours. I felt relaxed for days afterwards.
Bandwagon fan of the 2023 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!
Johnnie
The Dude

Post by Johnnie »

As much as I'd like to say that I'd be all over doing weed if I weren't in the military, I'm fairly certain I'd curl up in the fetal position from the coughing fits I'd likely get as a result of smoking. Hell, I can't even smoke hookah most of the time because I can't stop coughing.
mister d wrote:Couldn't have pegged me better.
EnochRoot wrote:I mean, whatever. Johnnie's all hot cuz I ride him.
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

I dropped acid A LOT back in the day. A lot of times at Dead shows. Never had a bad trip, but I'd never try it again. I always liked shrooms better. I could do fun stuff on shrooms. Went to the movies, ball games, swimming and stuff like that. Although swimming at 3 am on acid was fucking amazing.
Scottie
Donny

Post by Scottie »

bfj wrote:I dropped acid A LOT back in the day. A lot of times at Dead shows. Never had a bad trip, but I'd never try it again. I always liked shrooms better. I could do fun stuff on shrooms. Went to the movies, ball games, swimming and stuff like that. Although swimming at 3 am on acid was fucking amazing.
I dropped acid a [not admitted here] number of times. It's three figures. And I won't tell the stories because there is an off-chance my wife might read this and I'm really not up to YOU DID WHAT?
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Scottie wrote:
bfj wrote:I dropped acid A LOT back in the day. A lot of times at Dead shows. Never had a bad trip, but I'd never try it again. I always liked shrooms better. I could do fun stuff on shrooms. Went to the movies, ball games, swimming and stuff like that. Although swimming at 3 am on acid was fucking amazing.
I dropped acid a [not admitted here] number of times. It's three figures. And I won't tell the stories because there is an off-chance my wife might read this and I'm really not up to YOU DID WHAT?
This sounds like a story or two for the new Swampcast.
Diamond
Maude Lebowski

Post by Diamond »

I was one and done with acid. I don't have a good trip to compare, but that one suuucked.
ZMan
Brandt

Post by ZMan »

I have/had a love/hate relationship with acid, as well as mescaline, mushrooms, or any of the "psychedelics"

What I like about them is the way they make me experience things. Every sense is magnified, enhanced, etc... Colors are more vivid, angles sharper, everything just more there.

What I hate about them is they make me extremely introverted. I would only feel comfortable being with, and talking to, the other people I tripped with. Outsiders were just too far outside my realm of experience to relate. Even then, within the group I was tripping with, I would often find myself following thoughts in my head that just went deeper and deeper and deeper to where I would lose track of what was going on around me. They just made it too easy to lose myself within myself.

The other bad side was they made me chain smoke both cigarettes and pot. The next day my chest would often hurt from all the smoking.