Re: Bathroom Etiquette

Post by rass »

"drop the kids off at the hotel lobby"
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:56 am I am stunned. I absolutely can see Mr D being ashamed of poop, but Giff? What's the world coming to?
Remember that "oil change" I took my truck to get when I was there?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

A_B wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:56 am I am stunned. I absolutely can see Mr D being ashamed of poop, but Giff? What's the world coming to?
Yeah. Just turn on the fan, guys. Open a window, if available.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:47 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:45 am
Giff wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:57 am Got my SW eggrolls and ribs and rolled out... A hero.

Did your bathroom think that a few hours later?
I was staying at a hotel, which is great because ppl forget there's a guilt-free turlet in the lobby area.

/tmi
So we traveled on a whim with some friends and shared a room. Both of them went downstairs to the lobby bathroom. The lady for everything and the guy for shits. I never thought about it before them. So that's a thing other people do?
I do this all the time at hotels. Not out of shame, but out of a sense of decency and respect towards my wife.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
MaxWebster
The Big Lebowski

Post by MaxWebster »

oh hell yeah ... it's almost like doesn't need to be said. the hotel lobby bathroom is mandatory in our family.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

sancarlos wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:11 am
Yeah. Just turn on the fan, guys. Open a window, if available.
But that's the issue; hotel bathroom fans don't work and they don't have windows. Its a courtesy to the room, not some horrid self-disgust. Like, I don't leave my own house to shit.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Ryan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:57 am Great for kids on car trips too. Might put a lobby in our house actually.
Also yes, and walking around cities. If there's not a Whole Foods, I'm finding a 3/4 star chain hotel.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

Sure, while out and about. But if I have a room I've paid for I'm gonna shit there.

And I thought the oil change was weird, Giff, but you had just driven a long ways. But I've always had a suspect tummy, so it's any port in a storm for me.

I've shit in Rass's, Sabo's and Mulligan's abodes. Just for reference. ANd I'll shit in any of youse guys'.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

I would shit at all your houses twice unless you lived in a small apartment with a bathroom that's essentially in the living area.
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

mister d wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:15 pm I would shit at all your houses twice unless you lived in a small apartment with a bathroom that's essentially in the living area.
Giff even had a private toilet!
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

A_B wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:18 pm
mister d wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:15 pm I would shit at all your houses twice unless you lived in a small apartment with a bathroom that's essentially in the living area.
Giff even had a private toilet!
I'm joking I absolutely destroyed that private toilet!
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:13 am
A_B wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:47 am
Nonlinear FC wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:45 am
Giff wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:57 am Got my SW eggrolls and ribs and rolled out... A hero.

Did your bathroom think that a few hours later?
I was staying at a hotel, which is great because ppl forget there's a guilt-free turlet in the lobby area.

/tmi
So we traveled on a whim with some friends and shared a room. Both of them went downstairs to the lobby bathroom. The lady for everything and the guy for shits. I never thought about it before them. So that's a thing other people do?
I do this all the time at hotels. Not out of shame, but out of a sense of decency and respect towards my wife.
Same here. Don't want to kill the woman.
Canadian International
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

My favorite hotel lobby bathrooms in Portland have pretty much all been key-coded, but it's easy to get the code if you act like a fancy-pants guest in the throes of an emergency. Boulder hotels still roam free. (yes I realize that the thread is about actually staying at the hotel)
DSafetyGuy
The Dude

Post by DSafetyGuy »

A "courtesy flush" should eliminate most of the issue, as the only way your shit smells is by being above the water in the toilet.
“All I'm sayin' is, he comes near me, I'll put him in the wall.”
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

This thread always makes me think of Solsbury Hill. Always glad to see it bumped.
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

I just discovered the normal Mens/non-binary and Women's non-binary bathrooms in my office. Until yesterday, I thought we only had "All gender" bathrooms with individual rooms. Men's room is my favorite bathroom ever. Last stall has a fully opening window with amazing views of the Empire State Building, the Madison Square Park clock tower and others. Enjoyed a nice breeze while taking in the view.
-Pruitt
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:44 pm I just discovered the normal Mens/non-binary and Women's non-binary bathrooms in my office. Until yesterday, I thought we only had "All gender" bathrooms with individual rooms.
Surprised no woman ever abruptly corrected your misconception when you entered the Ladies’ Room.
Pruitt IV
The Big Lebowski

Post by Pruitt IV »

The Sybian wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 3:44 pm I just discovered the normal Mens/non-binary and Women's non-binary bathrooms in my office. Until yesterday, I thought we only had "All gender" bathrooms with individual rooms. Men's room is my favorite bathroom ever. Last stall has a fully opening window with amazing views of the Empire State Building, the Madison Square Park clock tower and others. Enjoyed a nice breeze while taking in the view.
"Taking in the view" is a very classy euphemism.
Canadian International
A_B
The Dude

Post by A_B »

A law office with windows that open?
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

A_B wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 7:51 pm A law office with windows that open?
I don’t think a jumper could fit, but it’s close.
-Pruitt
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

This firm I'm doing some work for now provides a laptop and requires attorneys to be facially monitored with the cam. I was in the middle of a long, LONG Teams meeting yesterday and needed to #2. So for the first time in my professional career I took a meeting in the commode, muted (hopefully).

It's probably a good thing I still haven't attached my bidet on that toilet yet. The rushing water if it came through the monitoring would've certainly turned heads.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

You all have some sort of aversion to poop. I'll shit pretty much anywhere including a consultation. I do of course mute when I flush. I'm not a grunting type of ass flexer and although I don't hydrate as much as I should the beer keeps the feces slimy and it enters the bowl with Greg louganis levels of splash. Certainly not audible. Biggest issue is the speaker echo. Tiles and all. Can't wipe nor hold a phone to my ear comfortably with my left so I gotta drill that I guess
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

Yeah, fwiw, I’m with Citgo.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

You two have some sort of affinity for poop. We got it.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:06 pm You two have some sort of affinity for poop. We got it.
I turn on the fan, and if necessary, courtesy flush. And, warn the wife to go elsewhere.
HaulCitgo
Walter Sobchak

Post by HaulCitgo »

rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Ok great fucking pull, and not just for young Regina King. But wasn’t everyone’s point just that they didn’t want to be that guy?