Found a wallet

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

rass
The Dude

Found a wallet

Post by rass »

Or my kid did. In a Wawa parking lot. I made an executive decision that I trust myself more than Wawa employees and after the owner didn't show up in the amount of time it took for the kids' sandwiches to be made, I took the wallet with me.

I found the owner's LinkedIn, FB and IG accounts. I'm not on LinkedIn, his IG account is private and has less than 40 posts, so I messaged him on FB 20 minutes ago. He's a Seton Hall student and I'm hanging out at track practice at a HS at a neighboring town. I haven't heard back yet.

In my googling I also found someone who appears to be his GF on FB and who also attends Seton Hall, and the phone # of a 49 year old woman who shares his last name and home address in NY State.

I'm a little reluctant to bug the possible GF, so think I might try the other phone #. Would like to resolve this in the next hour, before I head home.
I felt aswirl with warm secretions.
rass
The Dude

Re: Found a wallet

Post by rass »

First number didn't pan out, but found another and his mom. She's pissed at him but thankful. Gave her my #.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Found him. Show the cops this thread if I die at Wawa.
Keg
The Big Lebowski

Post by Keg »

I found a huge wad of cash at the Tokyo airport a couple of years ago and gave it to the security guard (who I'm not sure if he understood what I was telling him) instead of keeping it. I did not want to get accused of theft on foreign soil, especially on my way home.
My only fear of death is coming back to this b1tch reincarnated
L-Jam3
The Dude

Post by L-Jam3 »

How far north are Wawas now? When I was going to The Hall the northernmost one was around the corner from Six Flags.
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

L-Jam3 wrote:How far north are Wawas now? When I was going to The Hall the northernmost one was around the corner from Six Flags.
This one (in Maplewood) just opened last month. There are a couple of others up here (Elizabeth, Kearny).

We're alive. The kid tried to pay me.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

This is the third wallet I've found and returned directly to the owner in the past 4 or 5 years (both of the previous had addresses in my town and were a little easier).
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

rass wrote:This is the third wallet I've found and returned directly to the owner in the past 4 or 5 years (both of the previous had addresses in my town and were a little easier).
and to think you are rAss not GoodKarma
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Dude's dad just friended me on FB.
wlu_lax6
The Dude

Post by wlu_lax6 »

rass wrote:Dude's dad just friended me on FB.
Just wait until this kid asks you what you do and can he get an internship.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

Wow, I just watched Tom Segura's 2014 special, and he told a story about finding a wallet. Turned out to be a college kids, and he spoke to the kid's father to get it back to him. Slightly different ending.

An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
P.D.X.
The Dude

Post by P.D.X. »

^ Yeah I thought of that too. Couldn't remember which comic it was though.
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

If you're driving on Springfield from Whole Foods towards Wawa, what is the skyscraper you can see straight ahead? Its tall and narrow and boring.
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
The Sybian
The Dude

Post by The Sybian »

mister d wrote:If you're driving on Springfield from Whole Foods towards Wawa, what is the skyscraper you can see straight ahead? Its tall and narrow and boring.
That would be Rass.
An honest to God cult of personality - formed around a failed steak salesman.
-Pruitt
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Thanks man.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Lost a wallet....

I think this, which I posted in a local FB group sums up my last hour or so pretty well:
First, off screw me for not noticing that I dropped my wallet in the Family Dollar parking lot in the UC.

Then a big old double rockets to the mfer who found it and cleaned out the cash. Mfer.

A barely perceptible nod to that same mfer for tossing my wallet at that point and not burying it somewhere it would never be found, or doing any damage with the credit cards I spent the last 15 minutes cancelling.

A(nother) hearty handshake for the gentlemen who dropped off my otherwise intact wallet at my house. Thanks so much!

Bonus thanks to the representative at Wells Fargo who made me laugh about this despite how pissed I was.

I have a headache...
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

rass wrote:Lost a wallet....

I think this, which I posted in a local FB group sums up my last hour or so pretty well:
First, off screw me for not noticing that I dropped my wallet in the Family Dollar parking lot in the UC.

Then a big old double rockets to the mfer who found it and cleaned out the cash. Mfer.

A barely perceptible nod to that same mfer for tossing my wallet at that point and not burying it somewhere it would never be found, or doing any damage with the credit cards I spent the last 15 minutes cancelling.

A(nother) hearty handshake for the gentlemen who dropped off my otherwise intact wallet at my house. Thanks so much!

Bonus thanks to the representative at Wells Fargo who made me laugh about this despite how pissed I was.

I have a headache...
Coulda been worse!
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Thread starts with Rass at Wawa and ends up with Rass saying "Waaah! Waaah!" #bestjokes #sundayjokes #misfortunate #gottalaugh #nocash #rass
Johnnie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 8:13 pmOh shit, you just reminded me about toilet paper.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

mister d wrote:Thread starts with Rass at Wawa and ends up with Rass saying "Waaah! Waaah!" #bestjokes #sundayjokes #misfortunate #gottalaugh #nocash #rass
What'd you come down with, the Catskills flu? #borschtbelt
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

Anybody else here not carry a wallet? I just carry my credit cards and ID in my pockets. I very rarely have any cash to carry.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

Thread starts with rass at Sheetz and ends up with rass saying "Shit I lost my wallet!"

Thread starts with rass at QuickChek and ends up with rass saying "quick, check under my seat!"

Thread ends up with rass saying "fuck you!"

Given the number of times I played over in my head the set of dumb coincidences that led me to be in that parking lot wearing these pants this afternoon, I can tell I'm going to be a ruined sack of shit when something actually horrible actually happens to me...
mister d
The Dude

Post by mister d »

Yeah, you're probably gonna get laughed out of the PTSD support group.
sancarlos
The Dude

Post by sancarlos »

bfj wrote:Anybody else here not carry a wallet? I just carry my credit cards and ID in my pockets. I very rarely have any cash to carry.
Funny, I've seen pictures of your wife and kids, so I was sure you aren't homeless.
"What a bunch of pedantic pricks." - sybian
bfj
Walter Sobchak

Post by bfj »

sancarlos wrote:
bfj wrote:Anybody else here not carry a wallet? I just carry my credit cards and ID in my pockets. I very rarely have any cash to carry.
Funny, I've seen pictures of your wife and kids, so I was sure you aren't homeless.
My wife and kids are the reason I don't have any cash.
BFJ is the town wizard who runs a magic shop. He also has a golem that he has trained to attack anti-Semites.
elflaco
Brandt

Post by elflaco »

had a lost wallet scare saturday night...
was headed home from camelback, stopped to gas up.. realized my wallet wasn't in between the seat or under my fat ass as i thought... with my son proceeded to hunt all over the car.. gased up (had left a credit card in my jacket pocket from the bar post-snowboarding earlier).... turned around and drove like mad for 10mins, nearly at the turn to the resort.. when i remembered i had put it on top of the visor. dumbass me. always talking about putting things in the same, right place.. procedure... done in.
wallet found. lost 30minutes but at least i didn't call my wife to tell her to cancel the cards.

all's well that ends well.
and i don't every carry cash in my wallet. always in the pocket. and not all credit cards either.
but it's a nice wallet.
Sabo
The Dude

Post by Sabo »

A friend of mine lost his wallet two weekends ago. We had just had lunch and went back to his house when he discovered he couldn't find it. We searched all over his car and house, and even went back to the restaurant and parking lot to see if he could find it. No luck at all.

He texted me two days later he found his wallet. It was under a pile of dirty laundry in his bedroom.
THERE’S NOWT WRONG WITH GALA LUNCHEONS, LAD!
rass
The Dude

Post by rass »

bump!
rass wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:34 pm Dude's dad just friended me on FB.
I ended up blocking him at some point because while he didn't post too often, too often his posts were too "old white guy who watches too much Fox News".
Nonlinear FC
The Dude

Post by Nonlinear FC »

My BIL left his wallet at Wolf Trap last Saturday. We were all pretty hammered after 6 hours of drinking on the lawn and listening to great music. But it was still pretty puzzling because he never bought anything (used his wallet.)

We figured that it must've fallen out when the storm hit, literally 5 minutes after the concert ended. Everyone scrambling for cover.

At any rate, Wolf Trap patrons are the type of people that return wallets. So, after some coffee I called over there and lo and behold, guy on the phone knew exactly what wallet is talking about. BIL hops in his car and picks it up, all cash and cards exactly where they were supposed to be.
You can lead a horse to fish, but you can't fish out a horse.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

JEEZ. SORRY I COULDN'T REMEMBER THIS THREAD, RASS.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.