Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

L-Jam3
The Dude

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Post by L-Jam3 »

Former Nobel Laureate.

Anyone read his stuff. M-Tel read 100 Years of Solitude. Figured the more literate ones here might have picked his stuff up. I never did...
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Re: Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Post by P.D.X. »

L-Jam3 wrote:Former Nobel Laureate.

Anyone read his stuff. M-Tel read 100 Years of Solitude. Figured the more literate ones here might have picked his stuff up. I never did...
Yes. Great writer, even through translation. Most recently read his Living to Tell the Tale — the first part of supposedly 3 autobiographical works. Hoping at least the 2nd one gets published as it recounts his involvement in the Spanish Civil War as a journalist. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy his writing immensely.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

He wasn't for everyone. 100 years was odd to say the least. MAgical realism didn't work for me, but was still enthralled at points.
Hold on, I'm trying to see if Jack London ever gets this fire built or not.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I read a number of his books and stories - a great writer, but one I haven't read in years.

My favourite book of his - and one that is on my all time list - is The Story Of a Shipwrecked Sailor a slim book that tells the true story of a well, a shipwrecked sailor.

Fantastic stuff.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I read Love In the Time of Cholera, and I think I understood it. It's about girls right?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote:I read Love In the Time of Cholera, and I think I understood it. It's about girls right?
WHAT FUCKING IAN GUY!!!!!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.