Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Okay . . . let's try this again.

Moderators: Shirley, Sabo, brian, rass, DaveInSeattle

L-Jam3
The Dude

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Post by L-Jam3 »

Former Nobel Laureate.

Anyone read his stuff. M-Tel read 100 Years of Solitude. Figured the more literate ones here might have picked his stuff up. I never did...
My avatar corresponds on my place in the Swamp posting list with the all-time Home Run list. Number 45 is Paul Konerko with 439.
P.D.X.
The Dude

Re: Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Post by P.D.X. »

L-Jam3 wrote:Former Nobel Laureate.

Anyone read his stuff. M-Tel read 100 Years of Solitude. Figured the more literate ones here might have picked his stuff up. I never did...
Yes. Great writer, even through translation. Most recently read his Living to Tell the Tale — the first part of supposedly 3 autobiographical works. Hoping at least the 2nd one gets published as it recounts his involvement in the Spanish Civil War as a journalist. Probably not everyone's cup of tea but I enjoy his writing immensely.
A_B
The Dude
Location: Getting them boards like a wolf in the chicken pen.

Post by A_B »

He wasn't for everyone. 100 years was odd to say the least. MAgical realism didn't work for me, but was still enthralled at points.
You know what you need? A lyrical sucker punch to the face.
Pruitt
The Dude

Post by Pruitt »

I read a number of his books and stories - a great writer, but one I haven't read in years.

My favourite book of his - and one that is on my all time list - is The Story Of a Shipwrecked Sailor a slim book that tells the true story of a well, a shipwrecked sailor.

Fantastic stuff.
"beautiful, with an exotic-yet-familiar facial structure and an arresting gaze."
Giff
The Dude

Post by Giff »

I read Love In the Time of Cholera, and I think I understood it. It's about girls right?
well this is gonna be someone's new signature - bronto
govmentchedda
The Dude

Post by govmentchedda »

Giff wrote:I read Love In the Time of Cholera, and I think I understood it. It's about girls right?
WHAT FUCKING IAN GUY!!!!!
Until everything is less insane, I'm mixing weed with wine.